Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

Spuffington

Ladies & Gents,

I've just remembered that my car insurance is due in about four weeks - just wondered if there are any discounts available with any particular insurers for being a member of TOC or whether anyone has negotiated any?

I'm currently 26, 5yrs NCB, just inside the M25, 10k miles a year, parked on drive overnight and paying £825 for my Gen7 T-Sport. Is that about right or should I be looking to get it down a bit at renewal time?

Not exactly what you need two weeks after Xmas eh?!

Cheers

Dunk

P.S. by the way, I'm currently with Elephant.

Personally I would say that was high.

I've been looking at 190's - I'm 23 with 3yncb 10k/year parked on the road and I'm sure it was about £700 f/c (can't be 100% as I've been looking at loads of cars)

I think it was either Direct Line or Churchil which quoted me and I'm fairly sure it was around £700 as I remember it being less than a gen 6 GT4 which came out as £730ish F/C with Churchill

Try Nationwide, my renewal quote for the GT4 is £446. just turning 25, 4year NCB.  :thumbsup:

Nice one :thumbsup:

Thats a 2nd company that will in sure me on an ST205 when im 21 :D

Carrera_C: I believe that Adam is insured with Churchill (i too asked who with on another thread when I heard how cheap he insured a GT4 :yes: )

ime old and grey :D

£450 fully comp with adrian flux and they give 10% discount to gold members

obviously mention this after they have given you their quote.

all mods declared 38 years young no points parked in drive

4 yrs no claims

£ 308 fully comp - 6 points - 8 yrs no claims , jap import gt4 - norwich union. :thumbsup:

no way! im 23 n most companies refused to insure me on a GT coz im too young n its an import.... n u got insured on a GT4 for less?!!! :censor:

£ 308  fully comp - 6 points - 8 yrs no claims , jap import gt4 - norwich union.  :thumbsup:

WOW I MUST BE LIVING IN A HIGH RISK AREA EVEN THOUGH MY P1 T-SPORT IS PARKED IN GARAGE IM WITH MORE THAN PAYING ROUGHLY £460 MUST BE A ESSEX THING LOL :P

no way! im 23 n most companies refused to insure me on a GT coz im too young n its an import.... n u got insured on a GT4 for less?!!! :censor:
£ 308  fully comp - 6 points - 8 yrs no claims , jap import gt4 - norwich union.  :thumbsup:

yes but i'm 15 yrs your senior.

yes but i'm 15 yrs your senior.

sorry gt4 boaster i meant to quote adam!

Ran a few quotes through confused.com last night. Cheapest I got was £639 with swiftcover.com......that doesn't have legal or courtesy car cover though, so I'm going to go back to elephant and get them to match it (or at least half way).

I'd be pretty happy with £700 to be honest - as I said, I do live inside M25, so that's always going to make it a fair bit higher.

Ran a few quotes through confused.com last night.  Cheapest I got was £639 with swiftcover.com......that doesn't have legal or courtesy car cover though, so I'm going to go back to elephant and get them to match it (or at least half way).

I'd be pretty happy with £700 to be honest - as I said, I do live inside M25, so that's always going to make it a fair bit higher.

hey adam....what company r u with? im still waiting for a reply!

£450 fully comp with adrian flux and they give 10% discount to gold members

obviously mention this after they have given you their quote.

I tried that, and they refused to lower it any further, saying that they had already quoted as cheap as they could. :ffs:

Try morethan (brokers for Royal and Sun Alliance), although I can't see you getting cover for less than £600, due to the value of your car.

By the sounds of it i am being ripped aswell. I pay £690, fire and theft. I have 1 years NCD and 1 yeas of driving, and i drive a 90 GT-I

To be honest, I'd be grateful paying anything under a grand if you're under 20 with not much experience!

Mine was always huge right up until the last two years (although still toppy now). Now that I've built up a NCB and gone past 25.

Try VIRGIN Car Insurance - they slaughtered all my other qoutes and you can pay montly with NO Interest added .

23 - two accidents in last 5 years (one not my fault), 3 points, 3 years NCB £580 full comp with elephant

:eek::eek::eek:

I wish I lived outside London!! It's the only thing I can think of that's keeping it this high. I'm gonna be 27 in three months, I've only ever had one accident not at fault, 5 yrs NCB, car parked on locked private drive, no commuting, no points!!! Am protecting my NCB too.

Closest I've got so far is £750 w/Elephant all in with legal cover,courtesy car and £697 with Direct Line until you add NCB Protection and it puts it up £120!!! :ffs:

Gonna have to move I think!! :lol:

Ran a few quotes through confused.com last night.  Cheapest I got was £639 with swiftcover.com......that doesn't have legal or courtesy car cover though, so I'm going to go back to elephant and get them to match it (or at least half way).

Sorry mate... im with Churchill :thumbsup:

Try an online quote and let me know...

cool il try them! im paying like 5 times more than u at the moment so hopefully ul save me some pennies!

Sorry mate... im with Churchill :thumbsup:

Try an online quote and let me know...

dont laugh but try tesco,i am 28 ,senior tech for f :censor: rd live in ashford middx (still in the m25)and drive an import st185.....£410 fully comp.parked on the drive.