Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Recommend...

Jinxed

im hoping that the first thing i buy for my car with the proceeds from cutting down on cigs is gonna be a dumpvalve/blowoff valve(its something small and short term to aim for ;) ). im wanting a dumpvalve/blowoff valve primarilly for protecting my turbo, but i dont mind if i get as many other plusses as well. im hoping to be spending between 100 and 200 pounds and havent got a clue about which are nice and which arent as nice cost/performance wise.

can anyone recommend a good dumpvalve in that kinda price range(doesnt matter if its a little bit either way :) ) ... a nice whoosh noise would defo be a plus too :) and if its possible one thats not going to result in my tubby stalling out. a basic 'farmers boy' 'aldi special' 'no label' type one isnt really what im after as i want to 'award' my car something nice for being beautiful and looking after me thus far :thumbsup: And if im wishful thinking and need to be spending more i dont mind someone saying that, or even the opposite :thumbsup:

any comments and opinions appreciated in advance :yes: Thanks guys n gals :)

i've got a turboxs one on mine, sounds as loud as <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> but does cause the car to stall occasionally when cruising up to/ slowing down for a junction/ lights.

probably the best one to go for without idling issues is the hks ssqv

I have a Bailey, which i hear are not the best, but I have never had any issues, stalling etc, andd with the T off just before the IC , and the BOV right behind my head....its lound enough!

But I hear the HKS ones are the best

cheers peeps :) so its between the hks and the blitz .... do either of these have particularly awesome feature/s that the other doesnt?

thanks for your patience :) :thumbsup:

easy.. hks performs similar to the stock bpv. That way if you run with the afm still, it doesnt cause problems like the other atmospheric bov. and if problems do occur, you can always put on the recirculation kit. Best bet would be to get something that performs like oem.

Mines Apexi. Sounds loud as hell. Had no probs with stalling or even rough idling.

It has 2 different sounds depending on how much boost i'm on when I lift off. A very loud Pshhh when on boost of 5psi+ and an almost chattery sound when below that which is just about audiable from the drivers seat.

It's not one for looks, but then again neither is my engine bay. Might sell it if the price is right.

DSC01523.jpg

HKS SSQV :yes:

looks and sounds the danglies, no boost leak and a big improvement on the std poo, just a tad pricey

Like others have said it has to be between the HKS SSQV and the Blitz DD Super Sound Bov.

I've had both and currently use the Blitz one. Nothing wrong with the HKS one, I just preferred the Blitz sound.

As for rough idling/stalling etc if this happens you can adjust the BOV to get around it. Just adjust the pre-load spring thingy. :)

You should be able to pick up both for under £200 on eBay with mr2 specific fitting kit. I've also spotted a HKS SSQV looking BOV on eBay for about £80. Not sure what it's like tho.

cheers for the headsup peeps on prices....looked at envy and the hks one is veritably 300 so a bit cheaper from eBay might be just the ticket :) think im gonna opt for the hks... it sounds a bit more featured from the envy writeups... still its lookin like couple of months unless i get impatient and play the buy now pay later bank game :lol: :)

i cut down by 3 cigs today not much but a start and seein as it was a bit of a trialsome day a start is ok... tomoz im aimin for about 14 ... still gonna be a rapid drop in intake but a lil bit more gentle possibly than a deadstop or halveing...

there is no spoon .... there is no spoon

Mines Apexi. Sounds loud as hell. Had no probs with stalling or even rough idling.

It has 2 different sounds depending on how much boost i'm on when I lift off. A very loud Pshhh when on boost of 5psi+ and an almost chattery sound when below that which is just about audiable from the drivers seat.

It's not one for looks, but then again neither is my engine bay. Might sell it if the price is right.

DSC01523.jpg

Herd people talk about the chattering nosie before and think the conclusion was it is not good....... basically the chattering comes from the turbo impellor blades slicing at the compressed air...... which basically adds extra loads and stalls the turbo.......

The oem bov dumps air even at the very lowest of boost pressures to ensure this does not occur.

Any aftermarket bov should be setup in a similar way..... otherwise you risk turbo damage

:D

exactly! hks ssqv is the only one that operates like the oem as it doesnt open by a spring. it opens by pressure difference outside of the chamber and inside the chamber.

exactly! hks ssqv is the only one that operates like the oem as it doesnt open by a spring. it opens by pressure difference outside of the chamber and inside the chamber.

correct a mundo, and it uses two pistons to regulate the release more efficiently, has a large and a small piston for high and low boost

but the added bonus is low boost gets a pleasant whistle, high boost gets a mega woosh :D

mine makes nearly no compressor surge at all, and this one really does help with lag

I picked up a HKS SSQV Clone of eBay for £30, the amusing part is the internals are identical down to the stamps on the parts, only difference is the outside isn't metal, same sounds etc etc...

I picked up a HKS SSQV Clone of eBay for £30, the amusing part is the internals are identical down to the stamps on the parts, only difference is the outside isn't metal, same sounds etc etc...

if theyre not metal ....what are they? and do you think its going to be structurally solid for any serious length of time in use? 30 quid is one of those 'its the thought that counts car' type moves for me and would be extremely appropriate given the discovery i had at the cash machine today, it was gulpalogical how positively affected by an absence of cash i am right now rofl

Ive met really hardup street dwellers that could laugh at me for how poor i am right this minute :o :lol:

if that clones half decent for say 12 months rhaines, and if there was multiple ones available... you mind givin me a nod as to who the seller was?

might just be tempted to cheapskate a little :thumbsup: lol me

The exterior is a hard plastic type Shell (sounds awful but you wouldnt tel by looking at it), interior is the HKS interior, as said the stamps and text imprints are the same, we've taken it apart and compared it to a real one. ON the RR my car was running 12psi and never hada problem with it, 400 miles in and we haven't had a prob yet...

i think that ideas sold to me :thumbsup:

found some of the hks 'style' ones on eBay and gonna be giving thought to putting some bids on tonight.... they say universal fit... do you know if that means its gonna fit straight onto a rev 2 mk3 rhaines without a fitting kit or am i gonna hafta get a fitting kit also?

thanks in advance even if u dunno :thumbsup:

universal means it is not a specific kit. you are gonna have to get the flange for an mr2 and have a local shop weld it.

universal means it is not a specific kit. you are gonna have to get the flange for an mr2 and have a local shop weld it.

hmm ...the welding might not be a problem.... which leads me to a ...where on earth would i get an appropriate flange from seperately? gonna have a squiz at rogue and envy .... if anyone else has any ideas about where i can get one ...much appreciated for posting :thumbsup:

is this any diferent to say an mr2 one got from envy? like do they need to have flanges welded etc? or are those just pull out of box connect and away you go kinda?