Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Revs When Cold

sewelly

When i start my car on a cold morning or when it hasnt been run for a while the revs tend to sit idle at about 1500 or a little higher. Just wondered if anyone elses does this or have i got another problem with the 2???

Cheers in advance

Sewelly

When i start my car on a cold morning or when it hasnt been run for a while the revs tend to sit idle at about 1500 or a little higher. Just wondered if anyone elses does this or have i got another problem with the 2???

Cheers in advance

Sewelly

Yep, thats normal. If its really cold mine can idle at 2000 rpm for a short while.

yeah I got that too, I just put it down to the engine being cold and under strain during start up :) I just dont drive mine till its warmed up a bit.

Infact, I have heard that driving the car from cold is better than letting her sit ticking over when she's cold ?

But yeah you can drive her, just dont spank it !

I go on the rule of less then 3k revs for 3 miles, then shes normally on her way up the temp gauge and the boost can begin !

The aim is to get the oil up to temperature as quickly as possible (so the viscosity gets into the operating range and can hence lubricate properly) without putting any amount of strain on the engine. Therefore you're best to drive carefully with it until up to temperature.

We're not talking the end of the world though if you do just let it warm up on the driveway though