Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Karting...

TheNissanMan

As I am sure by now you are all aware that today was 'The Inauguaral TOC vs. LOC Go-Karting Challange' , and what a day it was....

More photo's will be posted I am sure as day's go on but I thought I would get in very quickly and post the truth behind the monster event, and what an event it was....

Things kicked off with people arriving at 1pm (only 2 hours early, we must have been excited) and by 2:45 we'ld all arrived and raring to go, a little something like this...

groupbefore.jpg

It didn't take long to turn that horrible bunch into a more proffesional looking team, suited up, paid and ready for action...

dressed.jpg

You could tell it was going to be a good day, the competition was ready, everyone wanted to win and no prisoners were going to be taken. A few knocks and bruises were gained (sorry Fidgets) and unfortunately I think I have to claim the worst accident of the day 3was me smahing Fidgets into a wall full throttle, in my defence I had managed to pop the tyre of the rim and broken the steering system of the kart.

What were we racing for, Karting Oxford supplied Trophies for the individual drivers (1st to to 3rd) and of course the most important Team Trophy, we want teamwork, not individualism...

trophies.jpg

Karting photo's will follow, only one I have just happens to be of me and just by chance it happens to be a bit sideways, now isn't that a shame :P

drifting.jpg

Speaking from a personal point of view I think everyone who attended had a superb day out and some great racing, the end results of the final were....

1st Tony Hethrington (LOC)

2nd Jake (friend of Knowlson's TOC)

3rd Ifraz (LOC)

BUT.... With a TEAM Total of 177 points TOC just slightly kicked those Lardy LOC'ers rear bits, LOC having 138 points to takle home the first Team Karting Challenge Trophy :D :D :D

There will be another thread with the times, results and points scored when I've had a chance to collate all the information into a sensible format.

After the Karting the fun began....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• yaristpot

• Steve

• Fidgits

As stated in the earlier posts due to the Italian meal being cancelled I found a little pub close to the karting where we could have one of their two car parks to ourselves although we did have to takeover some of the second as well (ooops...). Led by the ever sensible me

rhfro.jpg

... we headed off into the sunset with a mini convoy...

convoy.jpg

(sorry couldn't fit all the guys in, dam corners always where you least expect them.....), all driving sensible (cough) no fishtailing by Scot, honest guv....

This is where things got slightly silly !!!

We had a big team of very strange people who needed a hairdresser quickly...

thefro.jpg

People who weren't sure which s*x they were...

shemale.jpg

People who didn't want to be seen with us....

mattwlinda.jpg

People who thought they were funny...

laurel.jpg

And of course people who didn't know how to dress....

insideout.jpg

Being a pub we weren't drinking at all which confuses me as some of us as usual always end up looking, well I think the saying is '....as a newt', more commonly '...as a !Removed!'....

afart.jpg

Superb day and looking forward to the next one :D :D :D

I forgot to say noo silly business went on....

pub_8.sized.jpg

TOC won the pool as well, no one could beat me :D :D :D

TOP DAY!.........

Cheers boyz... oh and girl who desided to go around the wrong way at one point! :(

Dan :thumbsup:

Well... my version of events:

We started with 6-lap warm-ups (6 LOC 1st)... no inter-club in this.. which means a nice civilised jaunt to get to know the track.... oh no... I left the pits 3rd, flew past someone on the main straight, and got behind Tony on the first right hander... we stayed side-by-side all the way around the track (without a single touch!), until we hit the main straight, where I managed to pull ahead.. turned into the first right-hander, and was punted from behind... luckly it was just a slide, and i stayed in pursuit of Tony... a vision of things to come...

My first race, started from 8th, was 5th by the first corner, and managed to fight my way to 3rd! :thumbsup:

My second race, started 2nd, was 3rd by first corner :( and 2 laps later, got a hard shunt going into the hairpin... of course it was a TOC driver... not one to roll over, the hunt was on, side-by-side, bumping and banging on every corner, no-one giving an inch, at one point, we were going straight, full throttle, steering into each other trying to push one off the track... At that point the marshal held a sign saying 'bumping', not knowing whether to do more or less, I backed off.

The third race... this is where it get's interesting... started 1st, a good 1st lap, got punted at a bend and dropped to 2nd, Paul span in the hairpin, and I tried to avoid him, but just slid sideways into him....

Got going again, and started to make up places.. but from behind, Ryan approached... we tangled and tussled for a few corners, through the hairpin, side-by-side, I decided to stay wide, as I could get a good run through the start bend, and have a speed advantage up the straight... good plan... however, turing into the right hander, giving Ryan 2 karts width, he decided to go straight on, and slam me (at about 35mph) into the only point on the track where there were no run-offs... just a solid white board! The kart went from 30-0 instantly, and the only thing that stopped me being impaled on the steering wheel was my thighs being impaled on the steering column..(thankfully not 3 inches higher :crybaby: ). Ryan was dragged off track with a flat and broken steering, and I tried to make up some of the time he had cost me... in immense pain!

Amazingly, I made it to the semi final... my legs were killing me, but I did it for LOC... and did okay, made a few places, but finshed 4th and didn't make it to the final :(

Tony took the honours of 1st (for LOC), a scooby driver (driving for TOC) came 2nd, and Ifraz came third for LOC...

After that, we went to the pub....

Pub_2.sized.jpg

and filled their car-park(s)!

carpark_1.sized.jpg

Much fun was had by all :D

To put our little incident into perspective a little before I get accused of being the villain....

When I caught up with you we had some great fun through the corners and I didn't really get a chanec to get past, when we approached the ahirpin we had a little nudge approaching the left hander before the pits, what I didn't realise was that as we were toucvhing my tyre had come of the rim....

I thought I was turning as I should have done as we were touching each other, it was only after the impact that I realised that I had a problem and by then it was to late...

End of the day, it was an accident which I have said in person and on the phone, feel very quilty about although looking back on it and knowing the full story it was quite amusing...

Also like to point out that when I was pulled of track jumped straight into another kart and throwin into another and I still managed to come in 6th place in that heat :D

The alternative awards:

Funniest Karting Incident goes to:

Loz, for deciding he didn't want to go around the hairpin, so used the kerb as a ramp and flew over the grass... would of saved him a few seconds if his chain hadn't come off...

Funniest non-karting incident goes to:

YarisTpot... for losing the lead of the convoy, and deciding to take a convoy of 6 cars around, around and around a roundabout while trying to call Ryan (6 times around!)

Best crash goes to:

The afore mentioned Ryan/Fidgits incident... and no worries Ryan, a racing incident.. it's funny now (just not when i have to walk).. But you ARE the villan (could of been in the final!)

Best Afro goes to:

Loz... simply because...

Oopsie award goes to:

Whoever managed to destroy the timing equipment and knock a dustbin lid onto the track!

Gentleman award goes to:

JMRussel.. who decided to drive his kart like his LS.. and gently cruise around being very sportsman-like.... well towards LOC drivers anyway..

And the roundabout was only just big enough.... did you all see the quees waiting sorry trying to to get on.... and scot.... did we need the fish tailing! :thumbsup:

Dan

You missed best karting directional skills who have to go to Sarah for driving out of the pit's the wrong way and nearly causing an accident :D :D :D

OK So while I am here this is how it all panned out in terms of Points....

TOC...Jake.......................23

TOC...MMSteve................23

LOC...TonyH....................22

TOC...RHaines.................19

TOC...Knowlson...............17

LOC...DarkIS200..............16

LOC...Kavey.....................16

TOC...NickJohnson...........16

LOC...Fidgets...................15

TOC...Tom........................15

LOC...Fargo.....................15

TOC...Pete.......................15

TOC...Dan........................13

LOC...Ifraz.......................12 (How I dont know he won)

LOC...Norkep...................11

LOC...Bazza.....................11

LOC...Loz.........................11 (Dude, I almost had you, HAD Me, you never had me, you never had your car...)

TOC...Scot........................11

TOC...Steve(Admin)..........11

TOC...RickyIS....................8

LOC...JMRussell................8

LOC...MattW.....................5

TOC...Sarah......................5

TOTAL

TOC = 177

LOC = 138

I'll put these in a better format tomorrow....

4 out of 5 in top 5!!!!

nothing said about 5 out of 5 in the bottom tho! lol

Dan

I forgot to mention how people forgot which side of the road to drive on after the karting....

convoy2.jpg

A great day out! :D loads of fun racing and watching Scot fish tail the AW11 out the roundabout was side splitting! :lol: I think the LOC lot need to turn off the traction control etc to get some driving practise before the next one! :P

A great day out! :D loads of fun racing and watching Scot fish tail the AW11 out the roundabout was side splitting! :lol: I think the LOC lot need to turn off the traction control etc to get some driving practise before the next one! :P

:lol::lol::lol: Considering they got 1st and 3rd place in thre final I guess we can't really complain, they just to learn how to work as a team.....

Of course all being nice and friendly ovr here on TOC we had to show them what teamwork was all about and walk home with the trophy :D :D :D

Hmmmm....

I disagree... after all, your only 'placed' finish was from a Subaru driver you 'borrowed' for the day :P

I know, we make people so welcome into the group that building up a team relationship is too easy....

Jake your haelp was greatly appreciated, and thanks again Knowlson for finding the extra drivers...

4 out of five highest point scorers were TOC! :P :D consistancy not luck! B)

4 out of five highest point scorers were TOC! :P :D consistancy not luck! B)

:thumbsup:

Whens the next one Ryan! it was Great fun! :D ....must admit a bit of advise from a LOC driver speeded me up loads, was having great difficulty with one corner until then! :arrgg-matey:

We'll have to find a more northern Karting location for the next one, but approx 3 months time...

I knew you TOC hooligans would do some spanking on the Kart track. :thumbsup:

BIG UP TOC :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done all - TOC & LOC. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you ALL had a fantastic day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think you can tell from the photo's the answer to that one :D :D :D

That pub cark park resembles a Lexus dealers forecourt. :lol: :D :P

Looks like you all had a great day while i was sat at home nursing me wounds :crybaby:

As for the next one nothing will stop me going to that one and if it's going to be northern i'd would have thought if there's a good one near Leeds that would be ideal due to good motorway links :thumbsup:

Hi everyone

I see that you all had a really good time. So the toc guys kicked some butt :yes:

Better luck next time loc :crybaby:

jerry!!

Forums

News

Membership