Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aluminium Dash Kits

garcor195

are they any good, what is the quality like? how well or poor do they fit? I take it that once it is fitted there is no going back. :unsure:

I had a dash kit (silver). Sold it to someone on eBay. The quality looked pretty decent and it had been fitted to a door switch. Did look alright.

It could set the inside of the car off.... depending on what you're doing.

As for is there no going back? dunno.

I too am interested in this.... for example... has anyone bought one.... does it wrap around the edges?

Hard to explain.... but the plastic parts of the dash that it sorta sits on top of, have rounded edges, i wondered if the dash kit moulded around this, or whether it was just plonked on top?

Somethine im serious about, should I be able to do it :)

It just plonks on top. It doesn't wrap around the edges... or at least the one I had didn't. It did get thinner towards the edges. Sorta curved... so should look ok.

Nah... its the one that goes over the entire bit around the dash... dash surround? (lol no idea :P)... its the plastic bit that goes around the dash.. the air vents... around the stereo... and around the gear stick... that bit... seen em on eBay... but unsure as to quality and coverage :)

yes.. but a much closer up pic :) cause Ive seent hat on eBay... and it doesnt quite look to me that it goes to the edges...

I like the dial kits - they look smart - but i dont think the dash kit looks very good - sorry to those who have it - but it just doesnt float my boat - id spend ya money on something else hun if you can because i can see it being very tricky to get them to fit properly . :)

I agree Teegs... the one in the pic... doesnt look that good quality.. or look like it covers the entire of the dash... thats what i want....

I do liek the dial kits... but I have seen some lovely dial rings that I would like... and you cant have both :P

Might resort to spraying it... unsure :P

• 3 weeks later...

If it were kept in theme with other things done it'd look real nice. I dont know about o/s but down here in Oz i know a few places you can get the stock trim, i suppose reskinned is the best word for it, kinda like screen printing but better, and being done on the stock trim it would fit, you can get most finishes (carbon fiber, aluminum, woodgrain...) but unfortunately it is expensive, and permanent, so you would want to know exactly what you want or find a spare OEM Dash trim in case you got over it or something of the sort. I wont name companies here, but i think the method is called either water transfer printing or water screen printing, hope that helps someone.

Thanks!!!! I had heard something similar... but will look into it more deeply now.... could be the way to go.... as considering what else I have planned... if its done properly i reckon it would fit nicely...

Thanks Lonewolf :thumbsup:

I have seen loads of dash's resprayed and I must say they've all looked fantastic!!! definately worth considering, I'm tempted to do mine with a gloss black look or something, maybe even charcoal...just food for thought...Mmmmmm Food, I'm hungry, time to eat.

Michael.

LOL nice one Michael.....

I have been looking into this water transfer malarky.... looks pretty good...

Depending on Price etc... I reckon I'm gonna get some bits done ;)

Thanks!!!! I had heard something similar... but will look into it more deeply now.... could be the way to go.... as considering what else I have planned... if its done properly i reckon it would fit nicely...

Thanks Lonewolf :thumbsup:

No problem, I've been researching sponsorship since before i even considered getting an mr2 and have found all sorts of niche markets along the way, most are performance related, (you should ask me how i could shave 150+kgs off a 1000kg car before going autocrossing... !Removed! volvo drivers eh?) but i've kept some unique styling ideas and companies put aside for when i grow up and decide to go in car shows rather than hillclimbs/autox/trackwork.