Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Legal Advice Needed

Super7

My brother has a Peugeot 206 GTi (1.6 HDi) which for the last 3 month has been at two different dealers to try and fix an engine management fault.

After 3 long and painful months the fault had been fixed and the car was returned yesterday

My Brother felt that the car was underperforming. So we tested it off the lights on a dual carriageway. My 1.4 Corolla Vs My brother’s 206 GTi.

Before his car went in to be fix it would leave my car standing in its wake but this time my brother struggled to keep up.

So we went back to the Peugeot dealer today and they gave us a load of b-!Removed!. They basically said that the car is performing as it was when it was new.

So do you guy’s and girl’s have any advice?

Or perhaps you know someone that works for Peugeot UK?

Thanks in advance

Sam.

call up pig customer service, tell them story threaten with things like, aa inspection, put on rollers by reputable tuners etc see what they say

nothing like threats

if they soay go on, make sure when they relise how crap cars runnnig theyll pay the costs

Funnily enough my dads HDI van (Citroen Berlingo, same as Peugeot Partner) had an EFI problem which ended up being the speed sensor. Since having it back it doesn't go like it used to :yes:

My brother has a Peugeot 206 GTi (1.6 HDi)

Which is it? :unsure:

You can't get a pug 206 GTi 1.6 diesel..... and the GTi's have a 2.0l engine.....

As the car is new to your brother and have given the dealership time and opertunity to repair the fault I would say that he has a very strong case to reject the car on the grounds that it is not fit for the purpose of i.e not meeting the manufactures spec. Check out sale of goods act.

I would write a letter to the dealership and send it recorded delivery saying something to the effect that " having bought **** car from you on the date of****,at the price of £**** the car has been returned to (manufactures dealers) to find and repair the same fault on two occassions. Having given yourselves reasonable time and chances to rectify the said fault and your inability to do so I am returning the vehicle on the basis that it is not fit for the purpose and standard it was sold under.

Failure to return the monies paid will leave myself no alternate but to seek legal representation not only to return the said amount but compensation for the inconvenience caused to myself"

If negative response try no win no fee lawyers. Don't forget to keep a copy

Realspeed

My brother has a Peugeot 206 GTi (1.6 HDi)

Which is it? :unsure:

You can't get a pug 206 GTi 1.6 diesel..... and the GTi's have a 2.0l engine.....

It’s a 1.6 turbo diesel GTi (110BHp I think), it was added to the range at the beginning of the year. Look

He should have bought a Toyota  :thumbsup:

That’s what I keep telling him.

My other half had a Y reg 1.6 206 Roland Garros til July this year.... it had engine problems as well...

We traded it in for a Corolla T-Spirit....

I'd never buy a 206 after the problems we had, Peugeot refused to admit there was a problem with it! :rolleyes:

Thanks all.

My brother has contacted a solicitor who has ripped the sale's contract apart and confirmed what the dealer said was a load of B-!Removed!. The solicitor seems really positive as he has had dealing with the Peugeot dealer before.

The solicitor advised him to take the personalised plates off of the car (they have now been put on to his lotus. :D )

Can I name and shame the Peugeot Dealer?

We also found out that warranty work does NOT have to be done by an official manufactures service department.

My Brother felt that the car was underperforming. So we tested it off the lights on a dual carriageway. My 1.4 Corolla Vs My brother’s 206 GTi.

Sam.

36_2_44.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links