Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carina E, How Many Litre Of Fuel For 100km

toyota838

Hi,

How many litre of fuel (Superplus 98) your car drinks for 100 km.

I'm with a Carina E, 1.6, rarely on the highway or traffic jam, and it's about 10(l) ... x 1.3 € :-)

khdung.

With rough conversion from miles per gallon to km per litre I get 14.5 km per litre (1 mile = 1.6 km, 1 gallon = 4.5 litres) or 41 mpg

Mainly motorway (highway) at 60mph (100km/h) in 5th gear Carina 1.6e

Hi,

My Carina E 1.6 Touring with the 4A-fe leanburn engine drinks about 7 lit/100km. It is a bit thirstier when driving short distance in town than long distance on highways.

My Carina E 1.8SLI Station wagon has an average consumption of 6.5 litre pr. 100 km.

I have reached consumption as low as 5.5 litre/100km, this was during a 850 km long weekend trip, with stable 90 km/h speed. I got a bit surprised myself, i think it is very impressive for a 1300kg, nearly 10 years old car!

I use just regular 95 unleaded fuel.

-Erik

Hi,

I have an 8 years old Carina E 1.8 and it drinks 10-11l/100km in the city. On the highway (130-140km/h) in drinks 7-7,5l/100km.

Hi all - just recalculated my figures there - actual fuel consumption is 7.25L per KM (forgot to divide my journey by 2!!!) - we buy fuel by the litre in the UK but all distances are in miles and usage in miles (1.6km) per gallon (4.5 litres).

Carina e lean-burn 1.6 highway driving.

Happy New Year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I own a Carian E 1.6l 16v and in the city it’s about 10l/100km especially in winters :) outside the city it’s about 6-7l per 100 km

96 Carina 1.8 Manual

Avg MPG - 36.4

L/100Km - 7.79

Lowest MPG - 33.14

L/100Km - 8.52

Highest MPG - 40.45

L/100Km - 6.98

My driving is mixed city/motorway.

I usually get around 400-450 miles on a tank of petrol.

On one tank, I tried driving ~60 mph motorway and little city driving although it is inevitable. I managed to get 540 miles on a tank. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember how much petrol I put in, so I don't know what my mpg was. I imagine it was around 53 liters of petrol which comes out to about 45mpg, but I am not sure so I haven't included it.

• 2 weeks later...

Carina E 1996 with 2.0 engine drinks 10 liters per 100km in the city and 7 liters in the country road with regular 80-90kph.

Tops 12 liters in winter.

Carina E CDX 2ltr Manual.

Used to average 370 to 400 miles per tank. Mainly motorway but keeping revs just below 4000

Unfortunately car written off last month

• 4 weeks later...

I Don't even do that in my GTi (only on the nurburgring 1:7km ;))

Normally I do between 1:10,5 to 1:14 with my Carina E GTi (2.0l 158bhp)

• 3 months later...

hi,

i own a carina E 1.6 16V from 1996 115BHP standard :) and it takes about 7 or 8 litres to drive 100km.

i can run about 550km with a tank filled for 3/4.

once i'm driving round 4000rpm it guess it takes about 9 to 10 litres in 100km.

but still it's a great car no matter the 'cost of fuel'

if you drive a lot off km maybe you can chose for LPG? don't know what the system does with the car performance.

greetz

Hi,

I'm with a Carina E, 1.6, rarely on the highway or traffic jam, and it's about 10(l) ... x 1.3 € :-)

khdung.

Hello!

My 1993 Carina E with 2.0 engine drinks on average 8.6l/100km. I drive about half of the time in the city and half on the country roads

LP Peter

I have managed to get 27mpg out of my 1.6l leanburn! :D

Spot the rather heavy throttled driving style...

Although it gets much better on a run ;) c.40mpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

khdung.

What if I tell You my Corona 2.0 Td runs 26 km per litre of diesel on the highway? I Tested over 1600km (1000 miles) road trip

Amazing, ah....?

Cheers

Coyote from BA

ARGENTINA

Hehe, think there is something wrong with my 1.6 Carina.

Went to pick up a celica GT4 the other week, 300 mile drive back, the celica did it with about 7/8th of a tank, where as the carina did it on about 3/4...I would have expected more of a difference!

Im sure the carina probably has a bigger tank too actually, must have a check of that.

• 1 month later...

I have a 1994 Carina E 1.6XLi 16v 4AFE. 82000 miles.

Before the Exhaust broke off at the Cat (£250 complete system as rest was corroded), Plugs Renewed as old ones not platinum (platinum £20 Internet) & o2 sensor (£220 Internet) I was getting 300 Miles on £45 worth of Fuel.

After, I now get 350-450 Miles on £45 worth of fuel. The Spark Plugs made an immense difference. I am stunned at the difference the Platinum Tipped plugs made over normal plugs. Still, i'm going to replace the Ignition Leads and the Fuel Filter as the engine is idling a bit rough after it warms up.

Incidentally I still have the old O2 sensor which was working when I removed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

1996 Carina E 2.0 CDX Auto 92000miles

39 miles per gallon or 8.6 per 100kms.

I drive both city and Motorways.

Alang

Anyone tried adding a drop of Acetone? http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Ace...a_Fuel_Additive

I put some in last time I got petrol and it does seem to have made a difference. Too early to say definitely, but I got an 18% improvement, although my recent drives were less city driving than usual.

Hi,

I thought the acetone adding only would help in diesels and not petrol cars. I have knew for almost 1 year that adding some acetone in the diesel will give more power from the engine and also reduce the fuelconsumption. Does that really work for petrol too?

Does that really work for petrol too?

Yes it does - this page may help you decide whether to risk it:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Ace...n_any_engine.3F

Early indications for me are looking good, around 26mpg. up to 30mpg., but too early to average out over different driving conditions.

I just bought a 50ml. bottle from a chemist for .89p. I had a some old syringes from an inkjet refill kit and used one to draw out and inject 22.5ml. into £10 worth of petrol (10.2 litres). So you can see that's all I've done so far and it was all town driving in my 2.0litre Carina.

• 1 month later...

Interesting comparisons here.

My 96 JDM Caldina 2.0 TD 8.5L/100km around city, maybe 7.5 on highway (though it might be worse now that its getting full fuel again due to the injectors being serviced)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

khdung.

Hi there,

I have a '95 Carina E with 170,000 miles (272,000 Km) on the clock and I am getting between 43 and 45 miles per gallon and have even got as much as 47mpg when I drive below 60 mph and stay in the high gears. My driving is mainly on country roads along with a 74 mile round trip to work 3 or 4 days a week where I drive at 60 to 70 mph and overtake up to 85mph. This is not a motorway but am able to maintain 55 to 60 mph most of the time and also includes a little town driving. I average about 450 miles a week. The worst that I have got was 38 mpg when my lambda sensor was faulty and I replaced this at 142,000 miles. If I get less than 42 mpg I am dissappointed. My tips for good mpg is to move off within 10 seconds of a cold start and get up to 5th gear quickly and smoothy not revving the ******* out of it. I change the oil and filter every 5,000 miles and use Castrol GTX Magnatec 10w40 and before the oil change I use engine flush from redex or wynns

I drive it hard on occasions up to 100 mph and hit the rev limiter occasionaly but my motto is to service it well and it will be bullet proof. Its a great car

I do have a hesitation prob at the moment which is why I am on here

Happy motoring