Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting And The Laws

Semisonic

How much does it roughly cost on a 5 dr and can you get the passagers windows done as i have notice quite alot of you guys have.Some say you cant get em done some say you can

UK law currently states that the driver and front passenger windows can only be treated with a light tint. The back windows can be treated with any shade. The front windscreen must be free of any shading, apart from a 6" strip across the top.

Basically the Front-side windows on all vehicles are required to let in 70 percent of light. The rear windows (B post back) can be dark as you like.

At guess between £180-£250 for rear windows only (B Post back).

How much does it roughly cost on a 5 dr and can you get the passagers windows done as i have notice quite alot of you guys have.Some say you cant get em done some say you can

Front windows only with standard factory level tint. Part of MOT in Ireland where they use a LUX meter. In rest of U.K. police have power to issue defect notice if they think front windows too dark which means having vehicle checked at an HGV test station as garage MOT stations doe not have the equipment.

A good quatity set or rear tints professionaly done is £250 approx.

no tint allowed on front sides an windscreen at all now, ut ive dun all mine myself, but pro shud be around 250

Got mine done for just under £200 by these guys

overrevs http://www.window-tinting.net/

and they did it on my drive.

theres a section about the law on there also

I got mine done at Pentagon Glasstech , they do Supaglass Tints which also strengthens the window against it being smashed. The front windows are Light Smoke as that’s as far as they would do it. As the XT-R Rear tints were a little on the Light side for my liking they took them darker to a shade Under Limo Black.

• 2 weeks later...
I got mine done at Pentagon Glasstech , they do Supaglass Tints which also strengthens the window against it being smashed. The front windows are Light Smoke as that’s as far as they would do it. As the XT-R Rear tints were a little on the Light side for my liking they took them darker to a shade Under Limo Black.

Any chance of a picture please.... I would like to get mine done :-)