Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gun Shot

vmail

Just a quick question, my old car (non toyota) was attacked by some chavs with a gun, the hole in the window was the size of tennis ball, but the alarm did not go off. Isnt the ultrasonic ment to detect this.

The alarm is working fine.

obviously not if it didn't go off....................

At least the alarm is working on people sized ojects! :) Although I thought bullet holes in saftey glass just left about a 10mm sized hole with radial cracks leading from it. Still, If you've only got one hole, I'd have a good look around for a projectile. If you find a bullet, I'd phone the plod! :o

In Mansfield the Dirty Chav Basts haven't quite gotten around to guns yet... I think! They just drive around and smash peoples car windows in with hammers... Little f*****g toe-rags.

Cheers,

Jim

no idea on what type of gun it was, we got the video tapes from two CCTV units but what will the plod do? they did ef all when I pass them the tape when something happend to my car the last time

obviously not if it didn't go off....................

At least the alarm is working on people sized ojects! :) Although I thought bullet holes in saftey glass just left about a 10mm sized hole with radial cracks leading from it. Still, If you've only got one hole, I'd have a good look around for a projectile. If you find a bullet, I'd phone the plod! :o

In Mansfield the Dirty Chav Basts haven't quite gotten around to guns yet... I think! They just drive around and smash peoples car windows in with hammers... Little f*****g toe-rags.

Cheers,

Jim

How about a "Black Widow?" High powered catapult with arm support firing ball bearings etc>

How about a "Black Widow?" High powered catapult with arm support firing ball bearings etc>

This happened to my partner a few years ago, apparently kids had been targetting anything with glass in it (mostly bus shelters and phone boxes though according to the police) and decided to take a pot shot at the yaris. The bolt went straight through the rear windscreen and cracked the front, so she had to have both windscreen's replaced (fortunately on the insurance). We found the bolt that had done the damage in the footwell a few days later.

To make matters worse Autoglass screwed up the new windscreen and now the windscreen rattles and whistles anytime it goes above 50. If we ever catch whoever did it I'd like to return the favour, but aim the bolt at their heads or something :ffs:

Easily gettable from eBay for buttons! Evil things. As well as x-bows and bows! :o Man that p****d me off. Can't buy airsoft stuff *nods at Earpl* off of eBay but you can buy crossbows and bows... Y'know, because nobody's even been hurt with a bow! ;) When you see twelve year olds walking around with pistol x-bows you know society's going down the pan. :(

Cheers,

Jim

i know nothing.......... :P

at the mo i've sold all my gear to pay for car bits :P

I'm toying with the idea of selling my small amount of kit as I put my back out badly this year (getting old now, plus lifting a 30+kg printer badly don't help!) and haven't played since and the cash would be best applied elsewhere. Like a zimmer frame or a motorised scooter! :D

Cheers,

Jim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links