Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mibil-1 Engine Oil From Now

Bee

What oil do you recommend and which do you use in your T Sports?

Im thinking of changing from Shell Helix 10/40w which was in the car when it was supplied over to Castrol GTX 5/30w.

Was just wondering if anyone thinks any other oils are worth a shout, and would 0/40w be too thin to put in mine?

What oil do you recommend and which do you use in your T Sports?

Im thinking of changing from Shell Helix 10/40w which was in the car when it was supplied over to Castrol GTX 5/30w.

Was just wondering if anyone thinks any other oils are worth a shout, and would 0/40w be too thin to put in mine?

i have Mobil one 0w40 , works liek a treat not too thin, besides you want thin at this time of year it gets to work quicker.

little quitier too

In a previous thread, a few respondents wrote that they used the 'fully' synthetic Mobil-1. I want to use that in my Yaris. All my past oil changes have been with some regular mineral oil (I assume, for these were done by Toyota dealers). To date my car has clocked up 17 200 miles, and has been running smoothly. Would it be too late to start now? Even with a thorough washout with flushing oil before the change over? Or, is this flushing necessary? Or, more importantly, is this a bit risky in dislodging some of the carbon (and other stuffs) deposits in the cylinders and valves?

If you advise me to go ahead, where do you get your Mobil-1 cheaply?

--

Bee.

Would it be too late to start now?

No.

.... is this flushing necessary?

Nobody I know has done a flush, and I tuned in

very carefully at Saabnet.com for a long time.

I still do.

.... where do you get your Mobil-1 cheaply?

WalMart

Switching over to fully synthetic oil should be fine and should not cause any problems.

The handbook recommends 5W-30

The cation only applies to much older cars as the seals will be hardened and using full synthetic oil may cause the engine to use more oil as it is thinner.

Flushing is probably optional as engine oils contain detergents anyway, and if u do decide to flush I don't think it will be a issue as your car seems to be regularly serviced. I think the issue lies with really high millage engines that have been neglected and flushing could cause blockages.

As for cheap Mobil oil you could try COSTCO but u need to be a member

I currently have Mobil1 5W-40 in my YTS and it definately sounds like a diesel...

:crybaby:

I'll give it a bash. Thanks.

I read somewhere that Halfords, a large car accessory chain in the UK, regularly had a buy-one-and-get-one-free special offer on Mobil-1 in late spring every year. If that is true then it's a better deal for me than Costco (Wal-Mart), a cash & carry warehouse membership of which alone requires a ?£25 annual fee.

In another thread, TS Flea reported his Yaris T-Sport sounded like a diesel on Mobil-1! I'll report to the group if my Yaris, a 1SZ-FE (a cast-iron cylinder block with the exhaust manifold on the front, unlike the aluminium 2NZ-FE) hatchback, also exhibits this curious symptom of incompatibility.

--

Bee.

Edited by Bee

u could try the halford fully synthetic oil, normally �29 a bottle but they have special deals over bank holidays such as buy one get one free. Halfords don't make the oil themselves, as i think they get it from comma but re label it as their own brand.

I have used the halford stuff before and it is fine. Mobil 1 is probably bit of a over kill for a yaris, as it's not really a high performance engine. But I guess if you really thrash your engine then its worth pay that bit extra.

I currently have Mobil1 5W-40 in my YTS and it definately sounds like a diesel...

To be absolutely certain it is the synthetic motor oil that has caused the upset and nothing else, I suggest you change back to the oil you used previously to see if this curious sound still persists. I'm dying to know why this is happening as I'm changing over to Mobil-1 soon myself.

--

Bee.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links