Rip, T393lbo (56k users beware)

FineCactus

I'm so gutted :crybaby:

1 Country lane

1 Loved and Cared for G6R

1 Volvo 850 Estate

1 Telegraph Pole

1 Hell of a head-ache!

I was driving along a country lane that leads you to Santa Pod, on my way home from work, to find a my tail gating volvo driver decide to over-take. The road is only just wide enough for 2 cars. As he over-takes he hits my off side rear wheel arch. Pushes me side on, I clip the grass bank role the car on its nose and hit a telegraph pole side on between 50 and 60mph.

He hits a gate post and caught fire.

He got out ok I got out with some help from passers by. Road got closed along with my happy motoring in my faithful rolla :(

I have knocks and bumps all over and feel like the brown smelly stuff, but will get over it. :crybaby::crybaby:

If anyone can tell me how too, i'll put some pictures up for you all.

SO, does anyone want a set of Fensport Springs? They where to be fitted in January! Still in there box un-used.

John I dont think I will have much use for your spare exhaust now either...sorry.

Oh and does anyone know of any G6R's that have been on the market up-for sale? I'm expecting a tussle with the write off value!

I'm so gutted  :crybaby:

1 Country lane

1 Loved and Cared for G6R

1 Volvo 850 Estate

1 Telegraph Pole

1 Hell of a head-ache!

I was driving along a country lane that leads you to Santa Pod, on my way home from work, to find a my tail gating volvo driver decide to over-take. The road is only just wide enough for 2 cars. As he over-takes he hits my off side rear wheel arch. Pushes me side on, I clip the grass bank role the car on its nose and hit a telegraph pole side on between 50 and 60mph.

He hits a gate post and caught fire.

He got out ok I got out with some help from passers by. Road got closed along with my happy motoring in my faithful rolla :(

I have knocks and bumps all over and feel like the brown smelly stuff, but will get over it.  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

If anyone can tell me how too, i'll put some pictures up for you all.

SO, does anyone want a set of Fensport Springs? They where to be fitted in January! Still in there box un-used.

John I dont think I will have much use for your spare exhaust now either...sorry.

Oh and does anyone know of any G6R's that have been on the market up-for sale? I'm expecting a tussle with the write off value!

sorry to hear that, although u do seem to b quite calm, u dnt seem too anoyed, if that was me, id b swaering non stop and wanna beat up the driver in the volvo. well glad ur fine n e way. Well atleast its not ur fault, so u dnt need to pay for damages.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're ok though. Every cloud has a silver lining and you might be able to sell a few parts of your car to us vultures on here, if there is anything recoverable. And yeah, I'd want to kill the Volvo driver too!

I may seem calm but if it wasnt for the chunk of tongue I bit when I hit the pole Id be yelling like mad...Damn its sore :yes:

I am very up-set to be honest......Eveyone who knows me comment on how I loved my car. It wasnt a modded beast with bhp blistering through its tyres...but my little baby :crybaby:

There isnt a single pannel on the car that hasnt taken a pounding. The only thing that can be used is the interior. But having said that the car is in a Police compound and I doubt the insurance compnay will allow a visit to strip it.

Sorry to hear of your incident finecactus....at least you walked away from it which is good.....you dont want to know what I think of v*lv* drivers. :censor:

sorry to hear that dude glad your ok hope the insurancepay up with no prblems and remember you dot have to take their first offer

Sorry to hear that mate, at least your ok :thumbsup:

Like Dawesy said, you dont have to take the insurance companies first offer, which is probably gonna be pretty low, keep an eye out on autotrader for them, I remember when i was looking about 4 months ago they were selling for £3750 - £4500. If yours was mint with low mileage id be pushin for £4250 +

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

Oh and if you want to add pics, use somewhere like Imageshack it'll give you the URL to link the pic to here...

Glad your ok. Hope you manage to find yourself another Corolla.

I would of thought the Volvo driver could be prosecuted for dangerious driving.

Martin - that's bad mate. So glad you're OK - it you ache you're alive and that's what counts - aches and pains will go away after a while.

And don't worry about the back box :P you no longer have a use for it.

John

Wow! Sorry to hear that, it sounds like a nasty one...

You work in insurance, don't you? That should help a bit, I guess...

How the Volvo driver takes full responsibility and it all works out okay.

Alan

I've sent an e mail to Knowlson with the pictures. He's gonna put them on for me.

I'm a bit green when it comes to computers.

Ive got no details about the other driver yet. I was taken away in an ambulance. From what I did see of him he didnt look too good either..blood all over his face.

The Police are coming to see me tomorrow to take my statement. So with some luck I'll have some more news then.

Just got to find my self a new car now <_< Id like a larger car now...just dunno what.....would you all be in shock if i was tempted by a Mondeo 2.0 Zetec, on a X plate at £3495 ??

Wow! Sorry to hear that, it sounds like a nasty one...

You work in insurance, don't you? That should help a bit, I guess...

How the Volvo driver takes full responsibility and it all works out okay.

Alan

Yes mate, I do work in Insurance :ph34r:

Off work with my injuries at the moment but I'll be calling in some help with a few contacts in the game. Be rest assured Im going after the f :censor: er for personal injury compo!

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon.

Just got to find my self a new car now <_<  Id like a larger car now...just dunno what.....would you all be in shock if i was tempted by a Mondeo 2.0 Zetec, on a X plate at £3495 ??

Would you not consider another Corolla?

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. 
Just got to find my self a new car now <_<  Id like a larger car now...just dunno what.....would you all be in shock if i was tempted by a Mondeo 2.0 Zetec, on a X plate at £3495 ??

Would you not consider another Corolla?

Second.

Glad to hear your ok, get all you can out of the idiotic *******!

Yes mate, I do work in Insurance :ph34r:

Off work with my injuries at the moment but I'll be calling in some help with a few contacts in the game. Be rest assured Im going after the f :censor: er for personal injury compo!

That was gonna be my next thing, make sure you get a nice PI claim :thumbsup:

I've sent an e mail to Knowlson with the pictures. He's gonna put them on for me.

I'm a bit green when it comes to computers.

uploading them now mate :thumbsup:

Ouch!! :o

That looks as if it could have been fatal, RIP rolla.

Id never wish that kind of thing on anyone, pleased theres not too much damage to you.

James

Gutted for you mate, glad you got out ok.

That sounds like one scarey experience.

I'd guess around the £4k mark for a minter.

Take care mate :thumbsup:

Joe