Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rip, T393lbo (56k users beware)

FineCactus

A great shame. I remember the car from the Gaydon meet a couple of years ago, gutted to see it in this state.

Good to see you weren't seriously injured, chap. And remember, used Fords are cheap because they break down a lot and generally fall apart :(

Paul.

Ouch. That looks really nasty. Sorry to hear about this.

Looks like the main body of the car took the impact really well which is lucky or else it would have been much more serious.

Hope you get the insurance sorted out OK and manage to get a replacement car. I would think the fact that the other guy was overtaking on such a narrow road will help your case considerably.

Good luck.

Tony

Feeling a bit better today... :blink: Not so stiff.

What I cant get over is the fact that none of the windows went or the wing mirrors. When it rolled it cant have touched the ground much at all. The main safety cell of the car has worked well. The airbags didnt go though :eek:

The Ford?...hmm well just dont know. I was thinking in 12 months a Lexus IS200 and that the Mondeo would be quick fix for a bit. I hate cars that blend in and are boring so I always take ages in searching for the right car. But I dont have much choice this time around.

I do like the Corolla's and I would have another but unless it was very much better than the last i'd always compare it to the old one.........Plus knowlson wont drop the price on his beast :ffs:

Just dunno...all depends on how much I get for this one from the insurance. Parkers on line value it at £2500 of which they can :censor: right off if they think im taking that! Id take between £3000 £3500 for 75k on the clock.

Jees, really has made a mess! :eek:

Shows the car did its job safety wise as your out of it all with just minor injuries

Glad to hear your feeling better :thumbsup:

Id push for £3500 with the PAV :thumbsup:

***** just popped in and found this! shocking mate glad to hear your O.K, lucky escape really, reckon top end for your car would be about 3800 but prob will have to fight it like hell, all depends who's found at fault (i take it there were witnesses?)

mondeo price sounds good and there supposed to be not bad cars kinda big (got all the time in the world to get something like that when your all shacked up and got kids (dunno if you are or not?)

i might have the springs off you end of jan would now, but just booked MEGA expensive holiday so will have to leave it till then.

reckon you should take a trip to hospital with a "neck pain" get a note and dial claims direct :ph34r:

***** just popped in and found this! shocking mate glad to hear your O.K, lucky escape really, reckon top end for your car would be about 3800 but prob will have to fight it like hell, all depends who's found at fault (i take it there were witnesses?)

mondeo price sounds good and there supposed to be not bad cars kinda big (got all the time in the world to get something like that when your all shacked up and got kids (dunno if you are or not?)

i might have the springs off you end of jan would now, but just booked MEGA expensive holiday so will have to leave it till then.

reckon you should take a trip to hospital with a "neck pain" get a note and dial claims direct    :ph34r:

Well I've got into property developing as a side line so a larger car would help a little. But its just the case of wanting a bigger chunk of metal around me, anything smaller than what I was in I fear it would be a worse story.

Claims direct..er..well my full time job is a PI claims handler in a insurance compensation bureau. So I kinda know what route im gonna take. But lets just say Im ready to come out fighting big style! :ffs: Nobody mess with an upset Cactus!

Springs..Yep no problem mate. I guess with xmas id better wait until everyones payday in January before advertising them. Might give eBay a try. But will let you know :thumbsup:

MY GOD... I didnt know I was so popular.... :huh:

Or is it parts that my old girl could produce? :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your PM's guys...the car has been taken away by the insurance company and is in storage with a very large insurance salvage company. Blue circle, I think they then auction the cars off to breakers.

I havnt been paid out for the car yet so I could in a way request it back by paying Blue circle the salvage value. However I dont think the parts that I could get from the car to sell on will be cost effective for me with the recovery of the car and the hassle of it being on my drive to srtip and then to dump whats left again.

What I will do for you all is to try and trace its progress. Because the breaker who ends up with the car could find them self with a long list of customers for parts :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links