Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.0 Gs Fuel Economy

Peter_Rafano

Hi all,

Newbie here!

Picked up my 52 plate GS last Friday. What a cracking little car. Can honestly say that as a commuters car, the Yaris beats all of my previous cars, so I'm very pleased with it.

Prior to this I've owned.

Golf Gti mk2.

Skyline.

Mr2 t-bar.

Celica GT4 WRC ST205

MR2 t-bar turbo.

So, after 219miles of ownership, my trip computer says my average mpg is 55.9mpg :thumbsup: and I've just lost the 2nd bar on the fuel indicator (digital dash jobbie )

So, with that info, any idea what I'll get out of a tank? I'm guessing 400 - 450 miles?

Cheers all.

Merry Crimbo!

hi mate. seen as ur a newbie ill let you off. if u have a go in the 'search' fuction at the top and search for 'fuel econemy' there is a thread there discussing this. i'd give you a link but i cant access the address bar at work (damn net restrictions :ffs: )

Hi there Peter. People have seemed to note that the lower part of the fuel gauge seems to go faster than the top half so I reckon you might get a bit less than you anticipate. I'd guess you'll get about 350 miles to a full tank! :thumbsup:

The yaris beats all your previous cars? and thats your car list? Only in economy right? and if so isnt that a bit obvious that a 1L beats all those performance cars you say you have owned?! Just out of interest how old are you and do you currently own the Mr2 turbo yeah?

Welcome anyway!

The yaris beats all your previous cars? and thats your car list? Only in economy right? and if so isnt that a bit obvious that a 1L beats all those performance cars you say you have owned?! Just out of interest how old are you and do you currently own the Mr2 turbo yeah?

Welcome anyway!

Oh God, there's always one isnt there? :rolleyes:

" as a commuters car, it beats all my previous cars" So yes, for "COMMUTING" Most people would understand that means fuel economy, not drag racing.

Yes, I did say I've owned them. Whether you believe me or not is of little concern to me. I didn''t say how old I was, but for your information I'm 39, 40 in 9 days actually. What that has to dow ith car ownership I'm not really sure? And no, I sold the MR2 Turbo to Sandhurst Toyota in P/X for the Yaris last Friday. Red T-bar L587 ***.

Sorry just wondering what fast car you owned now? so now just the yaris? sorry if caused offence as was just asking! You enjoying the 1litre? i just wondered what other commuters cars you had and were comparing it to i meant as i was wondering whether you were classing those other cars as commuting cars! (you say it beats all my other commuter cars but then list the sports cars you have owned?)

I wouldn' worry about it Woody. I understod what you meant. I thought the guy a tad rude myself for a newbie. I too bought a 1.0l Yaris as an economical commuter. My fun car is a 3.5l V8 kiy car.

Yes, I did say I've owned them. Whether you believe me or not is of little concern to me. I didn''t say how old I was, but for your information  I'm 39, 40 in 9 days actually. What that has to dow ith car ownership I'm not really sure?

I don't see anything remotely rude in the slightest.. when all of you young whipersnappers reach our age group you will have learned that it's not only the younger drivers who like fast cars, some of us "oldies" do aswell :P and you will probly be still own one.. or have a family and wish you owned one.

Also....... how rude of all of you for not welcoming our new member in a more welcoming manner :angry:

Welcome to TOC Peter.. hope you enjoy your wee Yaris.. great little cars :)

Yes, I did say I've owned them. Whether you believe me or not is of little concern to me. I didn''t say how old I was, but for your information  I'm 39, 40 in 9 days actually. What that has to dow ith car ownership I'm not really sure?

I don't see anything remotely rude in the slightest.. when all of you young whipersnappers reach our age group you will have learned that it's not only the younger drivers who like fast cars, some of us "oldies" do aswell :P and you will probly be still own one.. or have a family and wish you owned one.

I thought he was a little sharp!

But welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Newbie here! 

Picked up my 52 plate GS last Friday. What a cracking little car.  Can honestly say that as a commuters car, the Yaris beats all of my previous cars, so I'm very pleased with it.

Prior to this I've owned.

Golf Gti mk2.

Skyline.

Mr2 t-bar.

Celica GT4 WRC ST205

MR2 t-bar turbo.

So, after 219miles of ownership, my trip computer says my average mpg is 55.9mpg  :thumbsup: and I've just lost the 2nd bar on the fuel indicator (digital dash jobbie )

So, with that info, any idea what I'll get out of a tank? I'm guessing 400 - 450 miles? 

Cheers all.

Merry Crimbo!

yeah its about 400 odd miles :thumbsup:

Sorry just wondering what fast car you owned now? so now just the yaris? sorry if caused offence as was just asking! You enjoying the 1litre? i just wondered what other commuters cars you had and were comparing it to i meant as i was wondering whether you were classing those other cars as commuting cars! (you say it beats all my other commuter cars but then list the sports cars you have owned?)

Woody, sorry for any misunderstanding, I thought you were taking the wotsit! :D

Nothing else special in the garage i'm afraid, just the Yaris. Those cars i mentioned were my previous commuting vehicles. I just love perfromace cars and even though I rarely drove them at weekends, I wanted the buzz of 2 hours a day driving them. Even if it was just to and from work. However, i've got 2 small kids now and have realised that there is more to life than filling up in petrol stations every 220 miles. Having loads of fun in the Yaris though!

Thanks to all who replied, sorry once again. :thumbsup:

Pete

Welcome to the club, it obviously depends on how you drive etc but as a rough guide I think 350 miles for a full tank is about right

Welcome to the club, it obviously depends on how you drive etc but as a rough guide I think 350 miles for a full tank is about right

Still got 5 bars to go and have just clocked up 250! :thumbsup:

So does the last 5 bars only give you 100 miles? Must be a weird shaped tank! I'm driving my collegues nuts. I come in every mornign and say things like, just hit 56.1mpg, or shall i fold my wing mirrors in for better air resistance? :D

Welcome to the club ..... I hope there's nothing wrong with the car :lol::lol: !

I had a yaris 1L as a courtesy car for a day and was shocked by the mpg, as in my 1.3L yaris I normally get around the 35-36mpg *roughly 280 mile

Na thats cool mate was just a misunderstanding! good luck with the new yaris! I was tempted by a 1L but its gonna have to be a 1.3 for me as i need the extra grunt to get it moving with all my mates in aswell!