Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Boy

richyrich

Hi i have just got an mr2 and i know that u need a new cam belt or timein belt after 60,000 miles ( or am i wrong) but i jst wonted to know what else is there servacing wise if any one could help i would be gratefull anyway i just bought a silver 10th anniversary edition gti t-bar what would u recomend for a first mod?

Silver 10th Anniversary??? :drool: thats one nice MR2!!

You so have to get pics up!!

Yeah Cam Belt should be done every 60k... usually cost around £200-300... (someone correct me if im wrong.. mine needs doing soon and i am saving :P)Other than that, regular oil changes are good, and checking the coolant etc... cant hurt :)

Best thing with a new car (well new to you) would be to give her a complete service and check over, gives you piece of mind, and im sure any problems that needs sorting would surface :)

Needless to say...

Silver 10th Anniversary??? :drool: :drool: :drool:

Piccies! :P

Oh and Welcome to TOC hon :thumbsup:

Good on ya hon :) Im not far from Liverpool... be good to see you at some North West meets sometime ;)

ok Im confuddled by this 10th anniversary edition one?

I parked up next to one at the cinema last night and it appeared to be a silver rev 5 with leather interior, uk model, but the tbar roof was black and so was the side strip, rest was all rev 5 standard including wheels, is that a anniversary edition model?

Looked gorgeous so if thats what youve got mate :D nice :thumbsup:

Welcome. Sounds like a really nice car.

IMHO you should think very carefully before doing any mods that can't be easily undone. That's a very rare car and will be a classic one day; as such it'll be worth more without any modifications. Whatever you do, keep the original bits so that you can put it back to stock if you want to.

I parked up next to one at the cinema last night and it appeared to be a silver rev 5 with leather interior, uk model, but the tbar roof was black and so was the side strip, rest was all rev 5 standard including wheels, is that a anniversary edition model?

Looked gorgeous so if thats what youve got mate :D nice  :thumbsup:

They'll be rev4 I think .. so no rev5 spoiler/wheels .. but they can be swapped.

Are not many "stock" MR2's left ..

They'll be rev4 I think .. so no rev5 spoiler/wheels .. but they can be swapped.

I thought they were the last rev 3's?

I thought they were the last rev 3's?

Could well have been, I think there were only minimal changes between rev3 and 4 .. been a while since I looked up on the matter. Was it when the J-Specs went from tobelones to side indicators (so UK cars were pretty much the same)?

The 20th ones also have dark alloys .. it's all in the sticky threads somewhere..

The Annies were late rev 3 and early rev 4, all made in 1996. They didn't have a black roof, that's the 'Sonic Shadow toning' colour scheme. The Annies came in 'Lucerne Silver' and 'Caribbean Blue'. They had a wood and leather limited edition Momo steering wheel with an engraved serial number plaque and matching gearknob, and the limited edition badges on the ashtray and engine cover. They'll be N or P reg.

And in answer to the origional question.

I'd also change the plugs/leads/dizzy cap & rotor (I changed mine about every 30k miles as the MR2 eats them).

Also, how's the clutch feeling? As you have to drop the engine to change the belt, if the clutch is going, do that at the same time.

I don't tent to replace things cause they have done a "mileage" I replace stuff as it needs doing. So look out for your pads/disks and change the oil nice and regular.

hi thanks for all your help i took it to my mates garage an had all the oils, air filter,plugs,brakes and some other little stuff done an its runnin even better :thumbsup:

i love drivin it its miles better than i thought it would be an a real head turner!

does anyone know what the bhp for them is an whats the top speed i think is 130 but my mate says about 140? <_<

does anyone know what the bhp for them is an whats the top speed i think is 130 but my mate says about 140? <_<

BHP on a rev 4 would be about 174 for an early one or 168ish for a late one with the extra emissions gear.

It's not unknown to see 140 to 145mph on the speedo of an N/A. I've heard one guy report 155. Take off 10% for speedo error and you have a real 130 to 135.

And in answer to the origional question.

I'd also change the plugs/leads/dizzy cap & rotor (I changed mine about every 30k miles as the MR2 eats them).

Also, how's the clutch feeling? As you have to drop the engine to change the belt, if the clutch is going, do that at the same time.

I don't tent to replace things cause they have done a "mileage" I replace stuff as it needs doing. So look out for your pads/disks and change the oil nice and regular.

not an engine out procedure to change the belt!! me n a mate did it without dropping the engine on my last 2, but that is the gen2 3S-GE tho...dunno if it's possible on the newer gen3 motor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links