Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels

viperroom_112

Hi guys , bot a set of wolfrace shruiken 17's on BCT 3600'S for my yaris ! They were great except when they arrived they were not balanced properly! :cacker:

I had them balanced again last week , all was well till yesterday when I was on the motorway! The road was wet and as soon as I hit 70 the wheel started to vibrate again :(

Any ideas what the problem could be ! Could it be the weather ! Damadged wheel?

ANY HELP WOULD BE IDEAL ?!

:yes:

DM

perhaps the weather has got to one of the weights and made it come loose and move thus putting the balancing out, it happened to one of mine recently try swapping the wheels front to rear as the rears dont need to be balanced

Lee

no worries,

i had the same thing with mine to make sure its the wheels not the car just swap them front to back

:thumbsup:

try swapping  the wheels front to rear as the rears dont need to be balanced

Lee

Sorry Lee, but it's better to have ALL the wheels balanced.. balancing isn't just to make the car more comfortable to drive, it prevents uneven tyre wear and stops putting extra stress on the wheel nuts/studs.

Viper.. try what Lee says anywy, if the vibration does go away then it will be one of the wheels or tyres that were on the front.. if it doesn't, then it could be...

1 - All 4 wheels havn't been balanced properly, take them to your local fitting centre and ask them to balance the wheels again.. also ask if their wheel balancer is calibrated properly.. if the machine is out, the wheels won't balance properly. (even though the machine says they are)

2 - there are no centralising rings with the wheels.. for info look here

3 - read this thread here you might find it usefull.. and it will save me typing it out again :lol:

:thumbsup: Thanks CFC !!!

I know i do have centralling rings on ! Read the thread and found it very usefull :thumbsup:

Thanks again guys ,will take your advice ASAP !

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links