Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wipers

b1ackb1rd

The wipers on my D-4D are pretty awful, they lift and leave feathering marks on the screen no matter what make of washer fluid I use.

Anyone got any recommendations for replacements?

I think the drivers' wiper arm could benefit from a spoiler to keep it down against the screen, were they fitted as standard? Any recommendations?

Bosch. You'll probably find a set on eBay for about £10.

Get a set with a spoiler blade for the drivers side rather than a seperate spoiler for the arm.

Got Bosch wipers, and they're just as crud after about 4 or 5 months (max), with car regularly being cleaned (and wipers), and even after using methalated spirits on windows, and vinegar on the blades....

Should have come with a spoiler on the drivers side as standard, looking about £14 for an Optifit blade from your local Toyota dealer. Passenger side will be alot cheaper. :thumbsup:

I find them to be pretty bad too, on the Yaris T3 I had previously I got a replacement set from MrT and the problem was just as bad as before within a few weeks or so...a few people on here say Bosch are good I've noticed but as Gnome mentioned they get just like the Toyota ones within 4/5 months..

Yeah, mine are awful when it 1st starts to rain, as soon as there's a bit of water they go ok though so I usually use a bit of screen-wash if it starts to rain lightly & they're ok. I did mention about changing them to the mechanic when I got my MOT done but he said it wouldn't make much difference so I haven't bothered.

My back one is the worst! But i have no choice but to go to MrT for the back wiper!

My front pair i got for £5 with darrens discount! hehehe Theyre Bosch and they work really well! :thumbsup:

My back one is the worst! But i have no choice but to go to MrT for the back wiper!

My front pair i got for £5 with darrens discount! hehehe Theyre Bosch and they work really well!  :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, forgot about that, the back 1 is appalling, it barely does a thing

I had my pair of wipers replaced one month ago with Halfords own brand (plain ones, not the ones with spoilers). So far. they are doing 'what it says on the tin'. But then I have been lucky; I have never had wiper screen smear on my Yaris. This luck does not extend to the rear screen wiper though!

I also read about the handy trick of using screen wash having had a drop of dishwasher rinse-aid added to it. Haven't come round to trying it out yet.

--

Bee.

Oh yeah, forgot about that, the back 1 is appalling, it barely does a thing

Same here ..... my back one is pants :( !

If it isn't filthy it's so smeary that you can't see through it ..... and mine makes a really annoying squeak to :ffs: !

I must admit Ive got crap non gen wipers on mine the passenger side on wipes half of the part of the screen its meant too, its as if the rubber doesn't touch the screen in places.

Must say Rain-X is excellent to use in this weather though, only problem is all the salt and crap that kicked up on the screen. :(

I must admit Ive got crap non gen wipers on mine the passenger side on wipes half of the part of the screen its meant too, its as if the rubber doesn't touch the screen in places.

Get some proper wipers then! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the ideas, I'll get a set of Bosch and speak to Mr T about a spoiler.

I managed to breathe life into my dead rear wiper by leaving it to soak in vinegar for a few hours, it works ok now.