Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration From Speakers

Akshay

Hi my passenger side door speaker and the speaker on the dashboard is constantly vibrating when listening to the stereo. Has anyone else suffered from this and know of an easy fix? The dashboard speaker is the main culprit and the vibration is reduced if the grill cover is held down.

Can this grill be removed easily so I can take a closer look when investigating where the noise is coming from??

When I 1st got my car the front Speakers didn't work at all so I got some fella to sort it for me & there is a noticable vibration if I'm playing some loud and/or high-bass tunes but I don't mind it 1 bit, the sound quality has improved so much so I'm more than happy.

I pulled the weatherstrip off, then the a pillar trim, the the speaker grille on mine :unsure:

:lol: Na, like said before just get something and lever up the front edge!Be carefull not to scratch the dash though, i used a paint scraper!

CB :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi I am a noob. Been reading all the posts I can find on the forum. there doesnt seem to be a consensus on how to stop the door rattle after fitting 6.5" Speakers with the autoleads adapters. It affects my passenger side worst only on bassy songs. This is just one of those annoying things, but I want to fix it. I have dynamat but dont know if I should put it on the door card inside or on the metal frame.Suggestions?

I think the speaker may be touching the card but if this is the case, what can I do? I have the correct adapters from autoleads and alpine coaxial Speakers. Please help!!

Thanks

Hi I am a noob. Been reading all the posts I can find on the forum. there doesnt seem to be a consensus on how to stop the door rattle after fitting 6.5" speakers with the autoleads adapters. It affects my passenger side worst only on bassy songs. This is just one of those annoying things, but I want to fix it. I have dynamat but dont know if I should put it on the door card inside or on the metal frame.Suggestions?

I think the speaker may be touching the card but if this is the case, what can I do? I have the correct adapters from autoleads and alpine coaxial speakers. Please help!!

Thanks

It's most likely to be the crappy blue plastic inside th door.... it flaps around and vibrates like crazy all the time!

Whip the inner door card off and take a roll of duck tape and play the most bassy song you have... then stick the plastic down where it moves... i can tell you now that it'll be no small amount of sticking you'll have to do! I'd put the dynomat on too while you're there.

If it still rattles after this then it may be the Speakers rattling against the door card... again, this is annoying but easily fixed... get a thin piece of sponge/foam (about 1cm thick is fine) and put that over the speaker or stick it to the inside of the door card, then put the door back to together and hey-presto... no more vibrations!

The dash speaker grilles require some foam sticky pads on the front and rear edges to stop them vibrating... again, an easy fix.

If the Speakers are standard, the reason thy're vibrating is because they are poo! They're made of little more than paper! Upgrade for less than £40 to much much better Speakers!

Hey , Well i tell you what , i got really bad vibrations from both set of Speakers , even when i upgraded ! So I Dynammated the whole door and got rid of the blue plastic stuff and I had no vibrations !

David

Im thinking of upgrading the dash Speakers .... any recommenations?

£40 doesn't sound to bad and I guess it's a simple upgrade - just plug it in?

**They will be run of the OEM HU - so no need for super duper ones**

Hey , Well i tell you what , i got really bad vibrations from both set of speakers , even when i upgraded ! So I Dynammated the whole door and got rid of the blue plastic stuff and I had no vibrations !

David

where did you put the dynamat? on the door card or on the metal frame? did you take off the plastic sheet underneath?

Thanks for the help everyone

Sound Basics

To understand how Speakers work, you first need to understand how sound works.

Inside your ear is a very thin piece of skin called the eardrum. When your eardrum vibrates, your brain interprets the vibrations as sound -- that's how you hear. Rapid changes in air pressure are the most common thing to vibrate your eardrum.

An object produces sound when it vibrates in air (sound can also travel through liquids and solids, but air is the transmission medium when we listen to speakers). When something vibrates, it moves the air particles around it. Those air particles in turn move the air particles around them, carrying the pulse of the vibration through the air as a traveling disturbance.

You could insulate the doors like some of us did... Killed all vibrations! :thumbsup:

Clear silicone, spray glue, scissors and mildew proof polyester batten.

Before:

orig.jpg

After:

orig.jpg

These are my panels, finished this week. See the full writeup here:

http://www.echodrivers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9901

Hope this helps,

Yeah that is useful to know. But I have already bought this dynamat and was wondering if it works best on the inside of the door card or on the metal underneath the door card. If its the latter is it advisable to take the plastic sheet off?

thanks

Tom :thumbsup:

Pascal, did they mind you doing that in the middle of the IKEA store? :lol:

I took the door card off , removed all the excess blue plastic stuff , and where the blue plastic was , i put dynamat , effectively sound-proofing the metal door ! I then purchased this and sprayed it onto the inside of the door car (plastic bit).

Dynamat Spray Can

You tend to find the spray does not work so well on its own , but when combined with other dynamat products , it adds the finishing touch.

I do have aftermarket Speakers and now it sounds brilliant ! I purchased these and the sound improvement is amazing!

kenwood

Thanks for the tip, vipperroom112.

I have Alpine SPS170A coaxials. They come with a grille but I didnt fit this because I thought it might contribute to the vibrations. Do you think the grilles will add to or reduce vibration?

cheers

Toobe perfectly honest the grills will not effect vibration .

They should be screwed in solidly and unless your speaker is about 1000watt RMS it will not effect it :D

I also did not place my grill on , absoloutely no point as they are not on show , !

Inform me as to how you get on

David

Toobe perfectly honest the grills will not effect vibration .

They should be screwed in solidly and unless your speaker is about 1000watt RMS it will not effect it :D

I also did not place my grill on , absoloutely no point as they are not on show , !

Inform me as to how you get on

David

I'll keep you posted, thanks man!

Yeah that is useful to know. But I have already bought this dynamat and was wondering if it works best on the inside of the door card or on the metal underneath the door card. If its the latter is it advisable to take the plastic sheet off?

thanks

Tom :thumbsup:

The dynamat most definitely goes on the metal door, to add mass to it and reduce vibrations. You can add some of it to the inner door panel to some extent, but it's going to be harder to adhere it properly there.

Pascal, did they mind you doing that in the middle of the IKEA store? :lol:

:lol: They were nice enough to let me keep the panels when they dragged me out... :lol:

Just to say took the doors off and fitted dynamat to cards and around the speaker on the metal door. Little more mid bass and less vibration, I taped down the loose plastic and trimmed it too.

Pleased with the job and also fitted a parrot car kit (3200ls) - it works like a dream I would highly recommend one to anyone thinking of getting a car kit!

Cheers