Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Info On Emmissions Needed Badly!

zerotolerance

hi all.

can anyoner help me her. i done my nct lastnite and my cynos failed on emissions.he said it failed on something called LAMBDA. he said it was at 1.339 and to pass it has to be between 0.97 and 1.03.....does anyone know what lambda is and how to fix the problem

The exhaust gas oxygen sensor (EGO or O2), or lambda sensor, is the key sensor in the engine fuel control feedback loop. The computer uses the O2 sensor's input to balance the fuel mixture, leaning the mixture when the sensor reads rich and richening the mixture when the sensor reads lean.

Its basically a sensor that reads the volume of Oxygen remaining in the exhaust.

as for its location - don't have a clue on the paseo - never needed to look at mine.

J

thanx fo the info,i was told the sensors the little steel thing with a cable cumin out of it on the manifold.would you have any idea how much it would cost to be fixed?

The exhaust gas oxygen sensor (EGO or O2), or lambda sensor, is the key sensor in the engine fuel control feedback loop. The computer uses the O2 sensor's input to balance the fuel mixture, leaning the mixture when the sensor reads rich and richening the mixture when the sensor reads lean.

Its basically a sensor that reads the volume of Oxygen remaining in the exhaust.

as for its location - don't have a clue on the paseo - never needed to look at mine.

J

thanx fo the info,i was told the sensors the little steel thing with a cable cumin out of it on the manifold.would you have any idea how much it would cost to be fixed?

I changed the o2 sensor on my Sera last year - I got a Lucas universal sensor for £30 from my local motor factor and it's not hard. Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield (four little bolts or nuts) and the sensor needs a 22mm spanner or socket to undo. The most painstaking part is joining the wires together.

If the car's been running rich you might want to change or clean up your spark plugs too.

My Cynos just had it's first NCT on Sunday. It passed, but due to it 1st being registered (in Japan!) on 1st July 1998, it will need a new NCT(every 2 years) again in June 2006....what a %$(ing rip off!

C_B

lambda sensors when running closed loop should read lambda 1. which i think is a 1v readout. if it deviates either way the ecu will richen or lean off the mixture to try and keep the sensor output at 1v.

so 9 times out of 10 its just a duff sensor so the ecu doesnt know the true reading.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links