Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Info On Model ?

beltakidda

i have a 1.8 sr 1998 celica just bought the car and really pleased with it. im not too clued up on cars in general but i know the basics. anyway im having trouble finding more info on the car ive got. it seems to be a rare model or ltd edition or something. just wondering if anyone can help get me some info im also looking for some modifications for it like chip and a good induction kit.

i can find induction kits but cant find chips

oh well thanks this is my first post just registered :)

hope i dont p anyone off

Hiya dude

1.8 engine has 114bhp, top speed of 124. 0-60 is 10.0secs. Combined MPG is 35 and it is insurance group 13 :thumbsup:

Induction kit and custom exhaust are about the most you can do for these engines.

It isnt a performance engine, its more a economical family car engine which is a shame as there isnt really any after market parts for it :thumbsup:

But welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

welcome fellow geordie

The SR model was limited to a production run of 500 units, 250 in Silver and 250 in Black.

Chip wise, get your induction kit and exhaust sorted first, then look at a uni-chip. This will cost about £300 or so including tuning.

Bodywise, fit lowering springs - Spax make them for the Gen6, I'd also recommend fitting the strut braces from a GT/GT4, they will make handling a lot better.

I used to have the GT front strut brace and the Ramair induction filter on my SR.

It depends on how much you want to fettle with a ltd edn car.

i have a 1.8 sr 1998 celica just bought the car and really pleased with it. im not too clued up on cars in general but i know the basics. anyway im having trouble finding more info on the car ive got. it seems to be a rare model or ltd edition or something. just wondering if anyone can help get me some info im also looking for some modifications for it like chip and a good induction kit.

i can find induction kits but cant find chips

oh well thanks this is my first post just registered :)

hope i dont p anyone off

Heres a little bit a wrote for the TOC!...

Spec for ST, LTD and SR...

The Gen 6 1.8 ST was launched onto the UK market in July 1995, Its 7A-FE engine was good for 125 Mph and had a 0-60 of 10 secs, best part was it could return over 48 MPG .

The standard spec included,power steering,ABS,Drivers airbag, e/sunroof, remote c/locking and air/con as an option.

In December 1996 a limited adition was launched called the 25th Anniversary, this was based on the 1.8ST ,and was only made in silver or black,a production run of only 500 models were made 125 in black and the same in silver.

It came with alloy wheels, rear spoiler ,side skirts, carbon fibre front concel, and a Anniversary plaque with a unique serial number.

The second batch of limited aditions were called the SR, this time 250 were made in silver and 250 in black, no serial number plaque was put on this model but it came with a much better spec.

The 16" Momo sports alloy make the celica stand out, along with,rear spoiler ,side skirts, stainless steel mesh grill ,air/con and a Sony CD/Rad /Cass.

Production dates....

ST, 01/05/1995......10/ 1999,

25th LTD, Jan 1997 to Aug 1998,

SR, Aug 1998 to 10/ 1999

hope that helps ..Bob :D .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links