Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supra Vs Mits 3000gt

burfitt101

Hi, which one would you say is the best to own out of the supra twin turbo and the 3000gt twin turbo, are they similar in performance and handling and is one really expensive to own and run and the other really really expensive to own and run. could someone pls give somes heads up on this

thanks

james

im just curious for the near future...

I don't know much about 3000GT's performance wise compared to the Supra but one thing I can tell you about them is that the UK version came as an automatic only. The GTO (Jap version) came with auto or manual, so if you happen to be after a manual look for an import model.

I am tempted to suggest you go for the 3000, simply because they seem to be one of the forgotten and underrated japmobiles of the 90's. Shame too, I think they look awesome

The earier ones remind a lot of the Mk3 Supra actually, with the pop-ups and those broad arches on each corner. I wouldn't mind owning one some day.

Oh, and another thing that may swing it, is that 3000's are relatively cheap. (Compared to the Soop anyway). They generally stay below the 5G mark, maybe up to 6 for a late spec one.

Supra.

Mitsubishi have serious built quality issues. they are built worse then your average ford!!!

I never understood the term "jap crap" untill I got my hands on an FTO and played with a 3000 GT. I have also heard from countless sources that although they hold the road well, they havea rather detatched driving feel, they are not a sports car, more a fast GT... "about as sporty as playing darts" is what one journalist said!!... it also features in my book of 100 crapest cars, and the supra doesn't!

Driven both the 3000gt 6 speed TT and owned two Supra mk4's.

The supra is deffo the better car but i personally think the 3000GT looks better :thumbsup:

The Supra will destroy a 3000gt, mostly because the mitsi is HEAVY!!! Its like a tank.

I'd get the Mutsi .. just cause Charlie and Lee say not to.

I prefer the look, but I too have heard it's not a drivers car. Only heard mind, I've not driven one.

had a P-reg 3000GT uk car 6 speed manual - it does come fully loaded as is the supra: leather/aircon/cruise etc..

For me the supra was a better car.

better build quality - supra definitely 'feels' quicker when you give it some.

The mitsi just felt slow in 1st 2nd.. (Was standard mind)

and yep quite heavy. I was expecting it to be 'quicker' than it was - it just felt slow in comparision to a Supra...

I'm sure if tuned properly you'd get good performance out of it.. but otherwise i liked the look of it and also not as common as soops' :D

Both cars are excellent value for money.

Rash.

P.S pics:)

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/1739/stock0018ti.jpg

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/6012/stock0184rn.jpg

I don't know much about 3000GT's performance wise compared to the Supra but one thing I can tell you about them is that the UK version came as an automatic only.

Hi mate,

i think you'll find the UK version 3000GT came in Auto and 6 Speed Manual.

I prefer the look, but I too have heard it's not a drivers car. Only heard mind, I've not driven one.

Shut it N/A boy :P

You'll find that most people will say Supra on here :P

I haven't driven or owned either but I know a couple of guys with the GTO and they've had some pretty major mechanical problems, i.e new engines, major overhalls. They seem to be very mechanically/electrically complicated and when somthing goes wrong it gets very very expensive.

Saying that I have also been told by my local import garage that the Supra can be just as bad. Maybe not so severe.

Both are going to be very expensive to run (buy shares in BP/Shell!)

At the end of the day, as with any car, it's finding a good example that's been looked after and serviced properly that'll be the cheapest to look after.

Joe

Thank you to all who replied, some very interesting comments made and lots of advice.

Great effort lads, thank you

have a good christmas...

James

The guy I bougt my girlfriends supra off also has a 3000GT...

He says he wishes he had kept the supra (mkiii turbo)!!!!!!

Just to add we have worked on more that 150 Supras in the last year.

We've had 5 GTO's in the last six months. All of them needed engine rebuilds and/or turbo replacements.

1 supra needed an engine rebuild.

That should say a lot ;)

Gaz.

You don't deal with many Mkiiis do you Gaz ;) :bye:

Shut it N/A boy :P

Yeah, I'll get back in my car that doesn't weigh 3 tons ..

.............And just think..... With all that weight....... I'll still blitz you up a hill :thumbsup:

.............And just think..... With all that weight....... I'll still blitz you up a hill :thumbsup:

Yeah, and then when the corner arrives I'll be sailing past .. Bring it to the Nur' ;) :lol:

Now now boys... "Mine's bigger than yours, mine has a turbo yours doesn't, take it to Nür'... nah nah nah." BORING!!! :yes: :P

just healthy competition :D

i kinda like the 3000GT had a go in one a while back, quick yes, interior was nice but a bit cheap, exterior is good

but very 'lardy' i agree its more of a mile muncher than a race car :)

dont touch the mitsi ,they stick well but have no feedback.the supra is mutch more fun.i've tried all the jap cars,the best for me was a skyline r33 gtr v-spec.