Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh What Fun It Is To Have ....

b1ackb1rd

why buy petrol???

Because you wont get an oil burner revving to 9k rpm?

Because you need a Turbo on a deisel to get anywhere, slap a turbo on the same size petrol and you'd be "still a lame deisel".

Because it doesn't contain cancer giving emissions.

There was a tuning company round Reading called Van Aarken who used to do a lot of proper tuning, now they just sell plug and play deisel ECU's for more MPG, more power etc. It's a shame, but then when the VAG group keep bringing out Golfs/A3s/A4s that are all TDi .. there is a large market to make money from.

Linky?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TUNING-BOX-FREELANDE...1QQcmdZViewItem

why buy petrol???

Diesels seem to be where all the development is right now. Piezo-electric transducers on the injector is now giving the Toyota 2.2 diesel more bhp and torque than a fast Vectra CDTi 3.0 V6 The BMW 5-series diesels hit manage 6.5s 0-60 and 155 limited... maybe not 9000 rpm...yet, but thats plenty fast. And affordable.

I honestly can't be bothered to drive with 9000rpm showing on the dial these days, I'm quite happy to float around on the D-4D's torque curve.

If I want performance I'll get my motorcycle out for some PURE speed.

why buy petrol???

Because you need a Turbo on a deisel to get anywhere, slap a turbo on the same size petrol and you'd be "still a lame deisel".

There was a tuning company round Reading called Van Aarken who used to do a lot of proper tuning, now they just sell plug and play deisel ECU's for more MPG, more power etc. It's a shame, but then when the VAG group keep bringing out Golfs/A3s/A4s that are all TDi .. there is a large market to make money from.

I can heartily recommend Tunit, yes they are expensive, but they are pretty well respected in the diesel tuning market. Dieselcar magazine endorse them and even the usually up their own bottoms Topgear have given them a mention.

My purely personal experiences are my cars have loads more torque, power and mpg. My avensis D-4D has had a Tunit for most of its life since 9000 miles, its now done over 80000 and it hasnt missed a beat, emissions are low, its quiet and quick but yes it did cost £400 but I am more than satisfied. The Landcruiser engine is now extremely flexible and driveability has improved enormously, the Avensis is an entirely different animal, it has absolutely no problem keeping pace with any of the new generation VAG diesels, which by the way still sound like tractors at idle.

This link is an interesting read

http://www.tunit.co.uk/tunit-reviews.php

Yep, it's a derv delight ...

Standard - 1.4 D-4D gives 74hp, 180Nm

Tuning box - 1.4 D-4D gives 100hp, 205Nm :)

Now that ain't bad for £150 ?

why buy petrol???

not to mention, the gearing and torque at different revs

Yep, it's a derv delight ...

Standard - 1.4 D-4D gives 74hp, 180Nm

Tuning box - 1.4 D-4D gives 100hp, 205Nm :)

Now that ain't bad for £150 ?

thats awesome bang for buck :thumbsup:

The more you turn them boxes up the more smoke screen you get out the back, not a good look, and not very green!!!

Hmmmmm .... mixed feelings on this. A couple of guys at work have Audi A4s with tuning boxes. They swear that they get better economy with more power ... and having followed them before and after no clouds of smoke?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links