Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MKII Yaris Review Thread

gordypix

Limited to 120mph though :blink: !

Wonder what the dual VVt-i will be like?

With tuned suspension and looks ....... I wonder I wonder ;)

If Toyota can get it right :unsure: ?

Thats ok though Dave because legally you can only do up to 70mph on a public road anyway.... :P ;)

I just hope its more of the hot hatch its supposed to be than the decidedly luke-warm previous T-Sport.... :thumbsup:

Some info on the 1.8l 2ZR-FE:

• Overview of New 1.8-liter Gasoline Engine
    Aiming to create an engine capable of delivering one of the best performances in its displacement class, TMC has developed a new 1.8-liter gasoline engine that features advanced mechanisms such as Dual VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-intelligent), provides torque-strong output, reduces CO2 emissions through high fuel efficiency, achieves cleaner exhaust emissions and is light and compact.
    Main features of new engine
    • Torque-strong performance
      While Dual VVT-i enables continuous control of optimum valve timing for various engine speeds and loads, abundant torque at low and medium speeds allows for easy-to-handle output, providing one of the best torque-strong performances in the 1.8-liter class.
    • Excellent fuel efficiency and clean exhaust emissions
      The use of Dual VVT-i and ultra-light pistons, along with efforts to reduce friction loss among parts such as by using roller bearings in the rocker arm valve train, are aimed at achieving at least 5% greater fuel efficiency than that achievable by conventional engines and at achieving clean exhaust emissions (equivalent to 75% lower than the maximum allowed by 2005 emissions standards).
    • Reduced size and weight
      Reduced exterior dimensions and weight have been achieved by modularizing the front section of the engine and using smaller-diameter spark plugs, etc.

Specifications

tabbn6.jpg

Source: http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/06/0613.html

;)

• 3 months later...

I've just handed back a Mk2 Yaris courtesy car (my own D4Din garage for cylinder head gasket change). This car was a 1.0 3 door T2 with 7000miles. I did another 1000miles of mixed motoring over a week so feel a can give a reasonable impression of it.

* Engine was surprisingly willing for a 3 cylinder job. it would cruise happily at 80mph and go to 90 easily if pressed. The only observation on engine noise was that at very low pulling revs it sounded like a 2 cylinder 2CV!. Having to push the clutch in to start the engine seemed a pointless change...maybe I've been brought up to well!!.

*Fuel consumption was 51/gal over 1000miles. I think that is really good.

*Overall cockpit noise was OK, no real complaints. It seemed to have been put together well with no squeakes or rattles.

*For some reason it was really easy to stall the engine in reverse, but OK in 1st.!

*The dashboard layout let it down. The heater controls in a vertical stack leave some too low down and you have to grovel near the floor for the lower control. The trip Computer mode change was way over to the left and a stretch for the left arm.

*General comfort was good and with loads more room than the old Yaris.

*The more I looked the more storage I found. Good news there. The only downside was that full height use of the boot was prevented by the lidded locker in the boot base.

*I was keen to assess this car with the view to looking for a Mk2 D4D next year, but the above posts have made me think.

Overall I think it was a great little car and I could forgive the dash layout.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
could some one tell me the engine model name of the 1.3 l of the new yaris ?

I have just bought a Mk2 D4D. It is a year old and I love it. Critcisms are a bouncy ride, small boot and not as economical as figures would suggest. Nonetheless it is a great wee car! Quick, frugal, cute, well built......I dont want a Renault Cio no matter how good the press say it is. You just know that it will break just after the warranty expires :blink:

could some one tell me the engine model name of the 1.3 l of the new yaris ?

The Engine model name of the 1.3 litre new Yaris is : 2SZ-FE

I will have had my MKII Yaris 1.8 SR for 2 weeks as of tomorrow, drives a dream, as good as my old X-reg Yaris, alot more ooppmmhhh..... love roundabouts now!

I got it in Alsace Granite, but would look nice in black and red too.

Drive is solid, the exhast is very noisy, this one due to it being a sports exhaust, my old noisy one was due to a hole in my exhuast! keke...

Inside is very spacious and comfortable, my bro being a big guy finds it comfy (we test drove a Suzuki swift sport and the seat felt too small to him)

Leg room for the passengers is good in the back, fits my whole family has a 3 point seat belt for centre seat (my MKi ph1 yari s had a lapbelt)

Boot seems small, but when compartment removed is bigger than the old Yaris

Car is so smooth i sometimes am unaware that i'm speeding, the other thing is getting used to the speedo not being digital anymore.

At insurance group 7 quite cheap, managed to get 39-40mpg so far mainly M25 driving, so quite economic on fuel

All round i would recommend the new Yaris :yahoo:

• 6 months later...