Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gears, Selecting Zz123 Tsport

rikardo

ok, anyone got this problem?

first thing in morning, and at least half an hour past operating temp car is a nightmare to put into 2nd, crunches into 3rd....

also noticed flimsly plastic gear mech has signs of wear on it (31,120 miles) around where spring is on left hand side of gear stick assembly, seems to be biting on plastic and wearing, causing a wobbly gear stick...

just wondering if the clutch is on way out or what, i reckon 60,000 on one but any reports of clutch wear/ gearbox etc ??

also, engine zz123 1.8 tsport 02 , belt tensioner, i'm on my 3rd one since april this year, is this a recall as my warranty is up on april 06....

ok, anyone got this problem?

first thing in morning, and at least half an hour past operating temp car is a nightmare to put into 2nd, crunches into 3rd....

also noticed flimsly plastic gear mech has signs of wear on it (31,120 miles) around where spring is on left hand side of gear stick assembly, seems to be biting on plastic and wearing, causing a wobbly gear stick...

just wondering if the clutch is on way out or what, i reckon 60,000 on one but any reports of clutch wear/ gearbox etc ??

also, engine zz123 1.8 tsport 02 , belt tensioner, i'm on my 3rd one since april this year, is this a recall as my warranty is up on april 06....

hi,

mine was hard to change gears when i got it a year ago.. only had 12k on the clock too.. ive had a new clutch and gearbox bearings under warranty and its been fine ever since.. :thumbsup: not had any problems with belt tensioner as yet. :thumbsup:

ask the new version ,valid from April 04, of the cables selector gear!!!!!!!!!!

it resolves the point!

this new set is fitted on the facelift version!

it helps you to stay in lift in 2and as well!I paid for it 350 euros +vat!

Mircea

I find it really difficult to change into second from third in my Celica TS when it's cold. Mr T told me it was a characteristic of the gearbox. :unsure: !! Bought it w/4k on the clock - it now has 17k and 18 months old.

I'm on my second belt tensioner and in need of another one next month when it goes in for service!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links