Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20000 Mile Service.

mark_n

I think the cost of the 20000 mile service should be about £170. Should I budget for anything else to be done? The tyres are ok. Just not sure if it will need new brake pads. It stops ok I am not too sure how long they should last.

Thanks for anyhelp.

If they quoted you 170 it should only cost 170.. If there is any additional work thats required then they should inform you before they go ahead...

Hi

I posted this about my 20,000 miles service on a T Sport.

"I've just had my 53 reg T Sport serviced (20,000 mile) by my local Toyota dealer (not sure if I should name them). I was quoted £121 for the service & £30 extra for the brake fluid change (my option). But when I went to pick it up the bill came to £181 . I mentioned that I was quoted £151 all in, so they dropped the price to £144 (also I winged about charging to fill a full washer bottle). Something about they test the washer system so much it needs topping after . Yer right"

£170 sounds a lot for just the service unless they are changing the brake fluid as well. Just my opinion.

Pb

:wacko:

I reckon you should go with the Brake Fluid change as over time it does absorb water and become less effective. I think the standard is to replace it after 2 years anyway.

At my 20K service (six month ago in Luton) it cost £243 including replacing the brake fluid.

FYI, my bill says:

20000 mile full service: £78.65

Drain & flush system, replace brake & clutch fluid: £65

Parts:

Gskt, drain plug: £0.59

Texaco oil: £21.56

Screenwash: £1.66 (yes, it was already full!)

White grease: £3.51

Brake cleaner: £3.45

Env/charge: £14.83

>90915-TA002: £7.78 (whatever that was)

Brake fluid: £10.48

VAT £36.31

In hindsight, I think I should have shopped around first. And they always find something extra to charge you for.

I would always advise you to go elsewhere for brake pads if you're told you need them. You can probably get them replaced at Mr. Clutch for half the price a Toyota dealer would charge.

LOL... >90915-TA002: £7.78 (whatever that was)

Thats your oil filter... Your dealer needs to sort its supersessions out..

They've charged you for two tins when you only need one tin(1/2 ltr)

Brake cleaner: £3.45 OK... So wheres the rest of it??

Env/charge: £14.83 - PASS?

These systems they use,as soon as they raise a job card theses items are automaticly booked to each work shop job.. Its a f**kin *****...

Hi

£243 :censor: I think they may be took you to the cleaners at that rate. What cheeky :!Removed!: that lot sound. I don't trust many dealers, but may be my local lot are so bad afterall :rolleyes: .

Pb

An Audi A6 1.9Tdi (130) costs about £250 every 15,000 miles or so.

I'm saving £40 by not letting my dealer use their own oil at the service.

Well "saving" is a bit of a strong word - I'm actually saving £12 because I bought a job lot of oil from Oilman (Opie Oils)..............way better stuff than Mr T uses (it's Silkolene Pro S) and cheaper too!! :)

I'm actually saving £12 because I bought a job lot of oil from Oilman (Opie Oils)..............way better stuff than Mr T uses (it's Silkolene Pro S) and cheaper too!! :)

We use Castrol GTX magnatec in our dealership..semi syn... jobsa gooden..

Is that a fully syn oil??

Yeah, the Silkolene is fully synthetic oil - designed specifically with high rpm engines in mind, I've gone for 5W-40. Bought 4 x 5lt pack for a little over £100.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/Techspecs/Pro%20...204%20Wheel.pdf

"Totally new ester based full synthetic motor oils created to meet the needs of the most discerning user. The products are suitable for use in all modern cars and are particularly recommended for high performance engines. The full synthetic base

fluid ensures that the products are thermally stable and extremely resistant to oxidation, even when stressed to the extremes of endurance.

The inclusion of ester synthetic polar compounds leads to improvements in lubricity and ensures excellent anti-wear performance in all areas particularly in respect of high lift cam-shafts and other heavily loaded valve train components.

Excellent low temperature flow characteristics protect valve gear even in the most severe UK and European winter conditions, and also improve cold start performance. The full synthetic formulations lead to very low volatility, and this in turn ensures minimum piston deposits and the lowest possible oil consumption and maximum exhaust catalyst efficiency."

Hi

I just booked my T Sport in for 30,000 mile service & it's cheaper than they quoted me by e-mail which was £109.00. £95 all in (engine flush, brake clean etc) :P .

I even got them to write it down for me, so if when I collect the car they try & charge me more I've got proof :D .

Pb

Good one mate - but about £100 would be what I'd expect for a 30k service anyway as they're only intermediate (just an oil change & brake clean) - I think Toyota call them "Safety Checks" rather than services..... :bookworm: