Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prices Of Cars

Galski

it's usually the case of getting something that you can afford the insurance on when you're young. Buying the car is secondary to this.

it's a bit of a vague question though............can you specify a bit more about what you're after?? It says under your avatar that you want an MR2, but there are a few different models to choose from. You can pick up Mk1s in good nick for not too much, but the insurance might just kill you.

As said above - depends on how much you can afford - your age (for insurance) etc.

BUT that being said - if you can find a Mk1 & insure it as a classic car the insurance aint that bad.

J

My Paseo (1.5) costs me £1800 a year fully comp, but I was lucky, everywhere else was quoting me £2500 for my seo, considering i got my car for £800 its so annoying, but I would say look at a Paseo, you can get them from £1100, MR2 is wayyyyyyy out of reach for you

I think we are missing the fact that this seems to be his first car.

The insurance on the MR2 may kill you - and so may the car :(

seriously, even when you have passed your test - you are still learning to drive.

as you are on a toyota forum - I'd say a Yaris.

There are LOADS of owners on here, and they all really like them.

Something like 1.0 will be front wheel drive, and not a lot of power (something like 63bhp I think) means you are a lot less likely to end up upside down in a ditch somewhere.

It will also be a lot cheaper to insure.

Its boring I know - but drive around in something smaller and safer for a while and build up your road and driving experience (AND no claims!) - then start thinking of something "cooler"

as mr mcnally says the 1.0 yaris is ya best bet for a first timer and something like group 2 insurance

for a mk1 mr2 for ME to insure..... £1500!............... :eek:

and im 22, low crime zone, 5 years no claims etc etc.....

I think we can all agree that what Matt's said is very sensible and very true....

Plus the Yaris is incredibly cool - honest! :D :thumbsup:

Or if you want something a little funkier, the Aygo isnt to be sniffed at either!

Like people have said, its not just the cost of the car you have to take into account, but also the insurance - start small, let the cars grow with you - its not worth your life having something so powerful you can't control.... given time, you will. :group-cuddles:

start small, let the cars grow with you - its not worth your life having something so powerful you can't control.... given time, you will.  :group-cuddles:

You are right Em....................................I am going to have a Ferrari by the time I am 70 ;) :lol:

i'm sure if you ask j j nicely she'll buy you something nice  :P

*Ahem!.... err yeah .. right! can just about afford -my- car :P

James....I'd agree with these peeps here ;) Yaris... or something similar to get yourself sorted for a little while.... as I said when we were at home... best to have something little to run about in.. get you from A-B etc...

Also if its cheap and economical on fuel... you can save money... put it by for something better... you will also appreciate something better further along the lien when you get it ;)

Another tip... one to tell your dad also... get yourself your own insurance policy from the start.... that way you will be racking up the no claims (hopefully) which will make it easier when you come to get something better :)

Good luck hon :) gotta pass the test first lol...

I went straight for a YTS, insurance is do-able but not cheap

10-month Bonus Accelerator policies are good from the Admiral Group (Elephant, Bell Direct, Diamond etc) - that's what helped rack mine up ahead of time. :thumbsup:

But I have to agree with the others. Once you've passed you're bound to have some slip-ups and make some silly mistakes.......everyone does, it's all part of the 'learning' process. Your license is really only a license to learn further......:bookworm:

If you slip up in a powerful car, chances are it'll get the better of you. Make the mistakes in a smaller, less powerful more forgiving car and you won't get stung and will know what to do when you do have the MR2 sitting on the drive!! Good luck and happy hunting! :thumbsup:

thanks everyone, i was looking at a yaris or a fiat punto to start in but i like the sound of a ferrari, when i am a millionaire shef(at the age of 30!!!) ;) :D

but for now you will have to help me persuade my favourite, coolest, sweetest, kindest, greatest cousin jaydanWild to buy me a car!! :group-cuddles:

thanks everyone, i was looking at a yaris or a fiat punto to start in but i like the sound of a ferrari, when i am a millionaire shef(at the age of 30!!!) ;)  :D

but for now you will have to help me persuade my favourite, coolest, sweetest, kindest, greatest cousin jaydanWild to buy me a car!! :group-cuddles:

Lol, can't fault ur backside-kissing attempts but don't get a Punto unless you're a fan of having a car that spends more time in a garage than on the road