Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Air Intake

ray4389

I want to get a few more HP outa my paseo by changing out the airfilter system. I was thinking if I remove the box that holds the airfilter now....and just attach a cone airfilter to the black rubber duct from the engine that should work right?

Look in the Garage ( link at the top of the page ). There are a few modded Paseo's in there.

DazH ( for example ) has a cone filter in his. Easy enough job to do, and there's plenty of room to do it once you've removed the standard Airbox. Dunno how much power you'd gain by doing this, but every little helps !

Look in the Garage ( link at the top of the page ). There are a few modded Paseo's in there.

DazH ( for example ) has a cone filter in his. Easy enough job to do, and there's plenty of room to do it once you've removed the standard Airbox.  Dunno how much power you'd gain by doing this, but every little helps !

yeah, helps you get from 0 to 60 in 11.2 seconds instead of 11.3

Just ignore Dev above mate, he's harmless really. Think he swallowed too many bugs when his roof was down :lol:

He don't use 'stick shift' as they say so he will be a little slow.............

The car that is not him :rolleyes: :P

sticking a cone there won't give you power, you'll just hear more noise which you'll interpret as power. why? because sticking a cone behind the engine, you're just sucking in hot air which is less dense air which in turn means you're taking in a lesser volume of air than you would otherwise which means less power.

the only " induction kit " i'd go for is the bmc cda kit, but that retails at about £150, so i think i won't go for it. alternatively you can just get a panel filter, remove the acoustic resonators (huge boxes underneath the air feed) and heat wrap everything.

From what I have read, a single cone air filter will produce 2-4bhp extra, and a twin cone will produce somewhere between 3-6bhp, not going against you riko, its just what I have read

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

If the cone filter is protected from heat, then possibly there will be an increase in power. However, unprotected as most cone filters are, then they may actually lose power.

I've tried on my car (in order)

a) standard air filter

B) standard new air filter

c) TRD panel filter

d) Blitz Sus Power cone filter

e) K&N panel filter

The Blitz stainless mesh filter was the noisiest, with a definate quite nice induction noise, but then it allowed me to hear the normally silent dump valve (I don't like noisy dump valves)

The TRD one was ok but the foam started falling to bits

The K&N one is nice, slight induction roar, virtually silent dump valve.

No real performance differences between any of them.

i had a k&n panel filter on the paseo, sounded ever so slightly growlier than before (not really perceptible), but no performance advantage...if anything, i got better fuel economy.

the perfect intake would pretty much eliminate all of the compromises involved, i.e. correct air velocity, minimal heat absorbtion of the intake tract, rough but controlled air flow (for better fuel atomisation), correct air volume etc...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links