Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! Low Brake Fluid Warning Light!

CraigT

Firstly Merry Christmas, I havent been around for a few months because of other commitments :/

Anyway, yesterday I noticed that the red light with the ! in the center came on. It doesnt stay on permenantly but its still doing it today. The manual says that its the low brake fluid warning light but I cant see anywhere in the manual telling you where and how to top it up. Might be a stupid question but how do I do it? I havent had a chance to have a look under the bonnet and engine bay yet so it may be blindingly obvious!

Any advice?

Firstly Merry Christmas, I havent been around for a few months because of other commitments  :/

Anyway, yesterday I noticed that the red light with the ! in the center came on.  It doesnt stay on permenantly but its still doing it today.  The manual says that its the low brake fluid warning light but I cant see anywhere in the manual telling you where and how to top it up.  Might be a stupid question but how do I do it?  I havent had a chance to have a look under the bonnet and engine bay yet so it may be blindingly obvious!

Any advice?

Yeah, as Tegan says, under the bonnet, to the left just in line with the brake pedal. If the fluid has gone down you need to find out why. It might just be that your pads have worn down a bit but it could also be an indication that you have a leak somewhere.

Its under the front bonnet in front of the brake pedal. However unless you have a leak its quite likely your brake pads are getting low. As the pads wear the pistons in the calipers move out, the space behind them fills with fluid so the level in the reservoir drops.

If you just top up the fluid level, when you fit new pads you will have to remove some fluid or it will overflow.

Firstly Merry Christmas, I havent been around for a few months because of other commitments  :/

Anyway, yesterday I noticed that the red light with the ! in the center came on.  It doesnt stay on permenantly but its still doing it today.  The manual says that its the low brake fluid warning light but I cant see anywhere in the manual telling you where and how to top it up.  Might be a stupid question but how do I do it?  I havent had a chance to have a look under the bonnet and engine bay yet so it may be blindingly obvious!

Any advice?

Yeah, as Tegan says, under the bonnet, to the left just in line with the brake pedal. If the fluid has gone down you need to find out why. It might just be that your pads have worn down a bit but it could also be an indication that you have a leak somewhere.

Thanks guys - I believe my pads may be quite worn. Erm.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links