Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Hangers - Help!

97paseo

Silly question :rolleyes: : My old rubber hanger for the back box had perished so I've got a new one, however obviously it's much smaller (as its newer) than the old one, anyone got any handy tips for how to get the new one expanded enough to fit?

I've got one side on but it won't stretch across at the mo..... :unsure:

Powerflow guys must have used my original hanger when I had the new box fitted, nice considering its about 30 times heavier..... :angry:

Sorry to hear buddy, tried contacting Poweflow ??

My rubber for the hanger went as well but it's a simple case of unbolting the support bracket and replacing the whole thing...

Yea I just bought a new one from Halfords & got it on but not properly, should be ok til I sort it completely, either that or I'll be dragging £180 worth of exhaust on the road behind me! :o

Prob with Powerflow is the nearest one to me is about 100 miles away!! :lol:

WD40 in the holes, then get a coat hanger and put though and pull down.... ive never tryed it with a coat hanger but it the closest thing i can think of that looks like the tool used!..

Dan

Na that didn't work, tried a screw driver as well, WD-40 idea was good tho! Thanks anyway guys! I'll get my mate on it & then go to Kwik Fit if it comes to it :rolleyes: !!

put a cable tie through the hole, conect it together and then use it as a handle to pulll down....

Dan

if its made of rubber put it in the sink and cover it over with boiling water leave it a few mins this should make the rubber softer and easier to stretch on to the hook once it hot try it straight away dont let it cool down

For anyone who's interested, I gave up with the first hanger after many attempts! Got hold of a larger one intended for a Megane - job done! :)

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup: