Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which?

G6AArgh

Hi happy new year all,

as above really i am in the market for a personal mp3 player but the sheer selection on offer is boggling anyone got any suggestions/ i am not very fashion consious im after sheer value for money got about £140ish to spend got to get a new one for my hols (lying on a beach is so much easier with tunes) :thumbsup:

I've got an Ipod 4th Gen 20gb, i like it as it connects to my Alpine H/U in the car, think there a bit over your budget though, pretty sure Dabs have quite a few MP3 players at good prices :thumbsup:

How about this phillips i know its a bit chunky but i dont mind and its recon but the price is good, phillips any good at mp3 players?

My bro has got the older Phillips model, only a 2gb one though. I've used it a few times and it a good little unit :thumbsup:

And that price is very good :eek: 20gb player for less than £100 :thumbsup:

Don't get an iRiver, they're ok, but they just arean't responcive enough when navigating. It can be very annoying.

The sony one's are nice, but I don't think they're great value. and they aren't taking on the newer technology (Pictures / video, etc).

Creative or iPod are the only real contenders, but I still think the iPod is better.

My mate got one from thailand, 40 gig one, plays mp3s, videos, pics, e-books etc etc cost him about 120 GBP. I find it easier to navigate than an ipod, and they're so friggin loud!!

Sony HD5 :)

i dont condone iPods <_<

You've done it now... You'll wake up with a horses head next to you for "dissin" The 'Pod. :lol:

If it were me, I'd avoid anything that tries to force you into using its own software to copy music onto it (so that's Sony and Apple straight out then). All software of this kind that I've had the misfortune to use has been buggy, bloated, unintuitive garbage.

Players that just appear as removeable drives are so much easier and quicker to use :) Oh and you can easily use them to move other data around too.

If it were me, I'd avoid anything that tries to force you into using its own software to copy music onto it (so that's Sony and Apple straight out then).  All software of this kind that I've had the misfortune to use has been buggy, bloated, unintuitive garbage.

Players that just appear as removeable drives are so much easier and quicker to use :)  Oh and you can easily use them to move other data around too.

Like an iRiver :D :thumbsup:

I have a 20GB iRiver and for value for money I love it... ok.. it may be a little slower on the navigation front (but its never really ****** me off :P) but with (ive read) better Battery life than the iPod and more features (internal and external mic and a radio) the model I got at the time was fantastic against the iPod (I admit... there are prolly more out since :P)

Its really easy to connect to the PC, shows up as a removeable drive, and you copy music to it just like you copy stuff around in windows etc. No need for weirdy iTunes :P lol

I agree with Rob.... Im not a big fan of iPods.... had a few friends with them... had some big problems etc :P but that may have been rememdied now :P

'Gucci Pod'

pay for the name and get a pile of cheap crappy materials ;)

agree witht the software though, the sony one is a bit !Removed! and ATTRAC is 'Sony only'! :rolleyes:

although it retains full quality at half the size of mp3... so technically can hold twice as much as its competitors

the HD5 is also a very nice and fast 20gig external hard drive ;)

Whoa Whoa Whoa ....

As an iPod owner I have to stand-up to all these iPod slaggers and the school yard bullies :P ;) !

The iPod rules - with or without it's problems!

Many people who don't own a iPod and have brought a cheaper mp3 player wished they had spent the extra cash to buy a bit of quality :yes: !

:P

one of my major quarms with the ipod is the horrific quality!

the case scratches too easily, the screen goes misty, one lad at work needed his replaced twice as the wheel thing died....within 3 days

so he scrapped it and bought an HD5 after seeing mine :P

Bah .... one out of how many :thumbsup: !

The way you treat your iPod is how you would treat a lady ;) ! If you treat it bad expect it to pack it's bag and leave :yes:

Don't forget people how many different versions there are of the iPod, and when people talk about Battery power etc ..... well those facts are from ages ago and there are new batteries etc out since then!

iTunes does me fine, and I must admit that if Apple stole a few ideas such as an FM radio etc like others have ripped off the iPod (design/simplicity etc) then it would be alot better and would wipe the floor with the competition.

The nano was a :censor: up .... but the iPod is leading the way :thumbsup: !

and the rest is just following

And Rob you know you wanted the iPod :P ;) !

and that brings me nicely onto ipod Battery power... :lol: or the slices of processed cheese that stores a bit of that electricity stuff...

no doubt its popular, but in my eyes... for the wrong reasons ;) anything spawned by MAC came from the bowels of hell :lol:

but whatever we know what we like, and for what reasons :D

and that brings me nicely onto ipod battery power... :lol: or the slices of processed cheese that stores a bit of that electricity stuff...

no doubt its popular, but in my eyes... for the wrong reasons ;) anything spawned by MAC came from the bowels of hell :lol:

but whatever we know what we like, and for what reasons :D

Yep ..... and I love you to dude :wub::lol: ;)

btw give me a iMac any day :drool:

[EDIT] - There's my backup by Mr C .... as always :group-cuddles: :lol:

Edited by ЪV€

u might be hearin all these stories about the ipod bein crap and everythin but what you have to remember is that amount of them which they have actually sold. if you look at the percentage of ipods which go faulty to any other mp3 player you will see that they are not much different. and i hardly get any back at work. they are the easiest of all of mp3 players we have to navigate. userbility imho is the best

Look. everyone on hear who's iPod bashing is just routing for the underdog, which I do respect. But lets face it, iPod are the market leader for a reason: There stuff is overall better to use, and is of good quality (dispite what half of you are barking on about ).

So please for the love of god stop barking on, because you've lost already, the people have spoken, and most of them have iPods.

PS. Just for the record I am not (nor have I ever been) an iPod owner, I had an iRiver (the 4Gb one), which I just got sick of as it's navigation was too slow and unresponcive. I am now going the way of iPod since everyone I know who has one, swears by them.

I've had my iPod Nano for a few months now and I love it. Yes, it scratches just by looking a it and is something that Apple should have sorted before putting it on the market but.... it works like a dream! :yes:

Although an Apple fan, I'm running my 4Gb version on a PC and I love iTunes. Put the iPod into its dock and it automatically causes iTunes to run which then updates the iPod with your selected music. Sooooo easy and quick. :thumbsup: The only trouble iwth iTunes is it's too easy to buy more music. The iPod can also use AAC format which is apparently better than mp3

As for those scratches, you can now buy clear adhesive panels for it (yes, I agree you shouldn't have to) and they work like the screen protectors you should be using if you've got a PDA. There is also a raft of accessories available for them like this little leather wallet which safely looks after mine. :P

ipod1.jpgipod2.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links