Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few Questions About Mr2 Roadster

siray123

Hi guys and gals,

Im looking at getting a convertible since im starting new job this year, theres a few i feel that are ideal at the moment, s2000, mr2 etc etc.

I have had a quick search about other questions i had, however.

Questions is if anyone could help??

Modding wise - Is it possible to get a de cat, manfiold apexi and crank pulley for a mr2 roadster? what bhp would and 0-60 would i be getting?

Styling wise im looking for some sutble spoiler and eyebrows and front lip.

What mpg to you generally get? when not ragging it! :thumbsup:

thanks in advance

1/…De-cat manifold. Not sure if you mean a TTE type manifold, as far as I’m aware none are made for the Roadster.

If you mean a full de-cat system, the A: it wouldn’t pass emissions and B: The most you would be gaining would be noise.

2/…Apexi. They do make one to fit but due to the location you would be pulling in warm air from the engine bay and the only gain would be noise

3/…Crank pulley. No idea, but wouldn’t have thought the gains would be worth the cost (might make a noise though (kidding ;) ))

4/…BHP. The standard is usually 138 but CFC 1 has just dyno’d his at 140

5/...0 to 60 is around 7.9ish

6/…Fuel consumption, this can vary from car to car but mines returning between 32 to 38 mpg (when my wife uses the car) this can drop to 26 or less when I use it

If you want a good bang for buck mod go for the unichip, this can boost the power up to 160 bhp

1/…De-cat manifold.    Not sure if you mean a TTE type manifold, as far as I’m aware none are made for the Roadster.

If you mean a full de-cat system, the A: it wouldn’t pass emissions and B: The most you would be gaining would be noise.

2/…Apexi.  They do make one to fit but due to the location you would be pulling in warm air from the engine bay and the only gain would be noise

3/…Crank pulley. No idea, but wouldn’t have thought the gains would be worth the cost (might make a noise though (kidding ;) ))

5/...0 to 60 is around 7.9ish

6/…Fuel consumption, this can vary from car to car but mines returning between 32 to 38 mpg (when my wife uses the car) this can drop to 26 or less when I use it

If you want a good bang for buck mod go for the unichip, this can boost the power up to 160 bhp

cool, thanks ill bear this i mind. a de cat would be bolt on off, crank pulley drives accesories and will off load power frokm the enigne.

a dastek seems good :thumbsup:

thanks again

Errr.. 141 actually :rolleyes:

:lol:

Nah! 140----the last horse was lame :P :lol:

cool, thanks ill bear this i mind. a de cat would be bolt on off, crank pulley drives accesories and will off load power frokm the enigne.

a dastek seems good  :thumbsup:

thanks again

There was a guy who tried running with a full de-cat and although he found that it seemed to rev a bit easier it lost the top end torque.

In other words, not really good for modding unless you're absolutely loaded! :yes::thumbsup:

If its speed your after.. S2000.. if its sheer god damn good looks you want.. Roadster all the way :)

• 2 weeks later...

....what a lovely picture ............you could sell that pic to toyota for there next calender :thumbsup:

....what a lovely picture ............you could sell that pic to toyota for there next calender :thumbsup:

Wouldn't be any good P.P.

It's a pre-facelift and I don't think they will be on the go much longer :(

........suppose mine wont be available soon either,,in fact i wonder when the MR2 does go out of production here?????? :( :( :(

They stopped selling them 13 days ago but probably pre-registered loads so they can still the Roadster with just delivery mileage still! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently engaging in the possibility of an MR2 roadster aswell. As for modifications, how does a TTE turbo pushing 184Bhp, 250Nm of torque and 0-60 in 5.9 sound?

:drool: If you ask me! :thumbsup:

0 - 60 in 5.9 secs

31% increase in power

50% increase in torque

new top speed of 141mph (officially :unsure: )

tteroadster.jpg

Looks good too :thumbsup:

There were only 100 cars made, all in Japan,.. however, if you want a kit you can get one fitted for just over £4,600 fitted, you also get body reinforcing.

The original MRS sold in Japan has TTE Turbo kit, alloys, silencer and rear spoiler.and a Bilstein suspension kit as well... don't know if that is incuded in the price with an aftermrket kit though.