Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1999 Rav4

AusRav

Hi Guys. Top forum. Plenty of advice and tips here. I have just purchased a 1999 5dr Rav4 (Australian delivery) for my wife. The reason for doing so is safety. I was driving her Alfa last week and nearly had a fatal.

I myself drive a Toyota Landcruiser Diesel 1984 and have not had a problem with it. Been around Australia in it, off road, the works.Have always liked the looks of the Rav. The car I purchased has 184,000 Klms (115,000 Mls) on it and is in really good nick, service books to. Has been used on dirt roads a lot but never been off road. Have managed to purchase a hard wheel cover off eBay for $150 delivered. Are there any known probs/tricks with this model? Purchase price was $13,500 which some people might find a tad high, but considering the reliability of Toyota, I reckons it's ok. Whaddya you guys reckon?????

Normal price here in Australia is around $17,000. I'll do my own servicing except for the cam belt. I look forward to contributing to this furum....If u guys will accept an Australian......(just joshin') Take care guys............AusRav!

AusRav Welcome to the TOC forum :thumbsup::thumbsup:

RAV's are known to be bullet proof reliability and should serve you well.

For a veichle of the age you brought, ensure the cam belt is in good condition. Is it a Petrol or Diesel you brought.

Enjoy the forum.... :thumbsup:

Welcome AusRav :thumbsup: , you've made a great choice in both your family motors B) .

Thanks for the welcome...It's a petrol model...Funny thing here....We dont seem to have the diesel technology that you guys have. Australia is way behind....I'd reckon 20 years at least. :huh:

I worked in Luxembourg in the mid 80's and was astounded at how many diesel motor cars were getting around on the continent as well as the UK.

I don't think we have any RAV4 diesel models getting around here in Australia.

Anyway, the new addition to the family is being detailed at the moment (cam belt was done 9 months ago) then it's off to a mates shed to have all the catches, window winders and locks lubricated. My wife is busting to get her hands on it. :thumbsup: Okay....time to chuck the family in the Cruiser and head off for the day....To be honest...I can't wait to get my hands on the RAV either :lol: Take care guys and drive safe.....AusRav!!

Thanks for the welcome...It's a petrol model...Funny thing here....We dont seem to have the diesel technology that you guys have. Australia is way behind....I'd reckon 20 years at least. :huh:

I worked in Luxembourg in the mid 80's and was astounded at how many diesel motor cars were getting around on the continent as well as the UK.

I don't think we have any RAV4 diesel models getting around here in Australia.

Anyway, the new addition to the family is being detailed at the moment (cam belt was done 9 months ago) then it's off to a mates shed to have all the catches, window winders and locks lubricated. My wife is busting to get her hands on it.  :thumbsup: Okay....time to chuck the family in the Cruiser and head off for the day....To be honest...I can't wait to get my hands on the RAV either :lol: Take care guys and drive safe.....AusRav!!

Hey AusRav,

Enjoy the sunshine in Aus why we all freeze and get wet here :angry: ...... Then again you guy's do have the Holden and we have only just got it (Luky enough to get a passenger seat in the new VXR version... :eek::eek::eek: )

Cant under stand why you dont have many Diesel cars... Or is your fuel cheaper than our's. :censor: Gordon FAT wallet Brown :censor: see's to our's (now there's a conversation worth starting..then again maybe not....)

Take care......Happy motoring :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links