Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Tyres For The Yaris

Yarisboy

Hi I think it's about time we had a good chat about what tyres people have on their yaris, how it performs, cost and wear etc..

I want to find the optimal tyre/cost option for the little car :D

I'll get the ball rolling then...

i'm running 195/50/15 yoko s306's, they're excellent in the dry, not too bad in the wet either, the only problem I have with them is they seem to slip quite alot when one of the wheels goes over a man hole/grid making the car feel a little unstable :o this never happened with my old tyres which were 175/65/14 Goodyear GT2's :blink:

they are quite predictable though once you get the back end out hehe :lol:

Anyway, the S306's typically set you back £35 a piece

I can't tell you too much about the tread wear, they've been on the car for a few thousand miles now though and they're looking good so far! :yes:

i've found a link to a review of them which might be useful to anyone wanting to know more about them :hokus-pokus:

Yokohama S306 Review

19 views and no responses?...

come on I thought there was more than just 1 yaris driver on the forum

NOt an expert on the Yarius but...

Goodyear F1's are superb tyres in bothe dry and the wet, not the cheapest but tyres is one area you can't afford to skimp on !

lol excellent, the only person on the forum to comment is an MR2 driver :rolleyes: :P

thanks for the input though Ryan and I agree you can't skimp on tyres

Hi! I have the standard factory fitted Goodyear ones on mine and they seem to wear pretty well but i'm not all that happy with the grip if i'm pushing it (in a 1.0?) on slippery surfaces and like you said they sometimes slip when going over manhole covers in the road.

Might not be a great opinion but hey its a response from a Yaris driver! :thumbsup:

hehe all oppinions are valued Jen thanks for the response!

you should really look into getting some alloys if u have spare cash Jen it helps the looks of the car no end!

Yeah i know, but in the process at the moment if trying to decide whether to mess with this one or just go out and get a T-sport! :drool:

Hi sam

Well i have got the standard tyre on the car still :crybaby: But i have got to admit they are really good grip. 185/50/15. Would like to go up to at least 195. Perhaps in the future i will invest in a brand new set of alloys mate and then i can roll like a gangster :thumbsup:

jerry!!

My car runs Yokohama A539 82H 185/60 R14

It is one size bigger than the stock tyres which they were Dunlop SP10 82T 175/65 R14

The diffrence is very big.I had pussed the stock tyres really hard.I had a very easy oversteer when I was living the accel pedal at the top of a corner.

The new tyres have great greep but they need a little warm-up because they are for higher speed.I am amazed by the handling on the wet!

I bought them for 230euros+fitting+balance wheel

They are cheap because the size of the tyre is very common and easy to find it in the market.

I dont think that loose handling in holes it is problem of the tyre size but from the suspension settings.

Dont forget that we are not putting the sizes which Toyota suggest:

175/65 R14 82T

185/55 R15 ???

I have the same query which Jen has,I am thinking of getting a Ts I have a little question running in my mind 'Is it waste of money to get the same car in a different edition?'

Hi there,

I have just replaced the Bridgestones with Goodyear eagle F1's.The biggest difference I've found so far is the supple ride. Handling is as good and the tread pattern is hot! (Vain-you bet!) So far I think I've made the right choice.

Peter

Hi I think it's about time we had a good chat about what tyres people have on their yaris, how it performs, cost and wear etc..

I want to find the optimal tyre/cost option for the little car :D

I'll get the ball rolling then...

i'm running 195/50/15

Hi :) [sorry for my eng]

i don't like yoko tyres. A lot of noise and scarce wet performance.

The best option in your measure is, with NO doubts, Bridgestone RE720 - 195/50 R15 82V

About 70€ once, here in italy. Give a try !!!

If you want the best tyre ever, you can try "Pirelli Pzero Asimmetrico", and/or "Bridgestone S03 Pole Position". These are the best in class. But you've to spend about 80-90€ for every tyre (here in italy).

Greetings.

Sorry mate it's a another i don't have a yaris but post.

215/40/17's on my avensis fitted with Kumho ecstra supra 712 tyres great in wet or dry,never in danger of losing it once on them :thumbsup:

thanks sorted avensis :)

just thought it would be a good to get some idea of the best tyres that people have had

just thought it would be a good to get some idea of the best tyres that people have had

Exactly what this forum is for mate :thumbsup:

If i was going to change brands i would give the goodyear F-1's a go but for now i'm sticking with kumho's as i can't fault them.

I don't pick up the Yaris for a few days yet but I am already on the look out for new tyres.

F1's are really good in the wet. I have them on my civic at the moment. They are also good in the dry to but from speaking to others the Toyo Proxies are really good in the dry and quite good in the wet. Bridgestone SO1, SO2 are supposed to be grippy aswell.

However When the roads are dry you don't have much problems gripping with any of the above tyres so I think where difference is made is how a tyre can handle in the wet and from my experience and from riding in my mates Integra type-R at full throttle in a wet winters night. I can definately say Goodyear Eagle F1's are the daddies!!!

On a 14 inch rim 185/60 is ideal for the yaris however on a 15 inch rim you need to get 195/55 which is slightly bigger than recommended a 50% profile would have been ideal but they don't have a 195/50/15 unfortunately. However you can get a toyo proxy in 195/50/15 which incase anyone is interested is the size tyre Halfords are selling when you buy a 15" OZ alloy.

The best tyres I have ever had so far are Goodyear Eagle F1's, however they grip so well because they are soft compund so the wear out pretty quick.

My old man has SO3's on his MR2 and swears by them.

Got Toyo proxes on my Corrola at the moment, they seem pretty good and wear quite well.

I personally think Eagle F1's are the best on the market but you gotta have slighty deeper pockets!

• 4 weeks later...

I got a right mix on mine, think its got 1 original Bridgestone (yes its goin cause its about had it, but 2 mm left :)) and the other 3 are Pirelli. They seem ok, but because i got the Bridgestone on the front right tight right handers seem a tad sketchy in the wet, but thats prolly how i drive.

mat

• 2 weeks later...

I've just fitted 175/65 R14 H Goodyear Eagle Venturas to my standard 98 Corolla SR. Haven't had a chance to test wet grip, but dry grip is good and they are also very quiet tires.

I've gone with the 195/50/15 AVON ZV1's on Fox 3 alloys. Great handling, good in wet too but tends to slip a little if you accelerate too much round bends.

Nice!

what can anyone suggest for a 205/45/17 tyre at a reasonable prcie? :)

I have 215/40ZR17s Falken Ziex ZE512s, and they have loads of grip in the dry. Not sure about their performance in the wet, as I don't drive my car hard in bad weather conditions. Can't really compare them to anything though, as the standard Dunlop SP Sport7000*s were only 195/60-15s.

I reckon best tyres out there by far are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's. Note that some sizes offered by Goodyear are the older GS-D2 design which are pretty good (I have these myself) but not as good as the GS-D3's.

Bridgestone SO3's are second choice for me, equal with Toyo Proxes T1S (Toyo's are also good value).

Best tyre ever was the Bridgestone SO2's, I'll never understand why they stopped making them....

comedy tyre has got to be Avon ZZ1's, had these on a car on a track day and could not get them warm no matter what we did with pressures or throwing the car around, they were like plastic rather than rubber...

Are the Avons really that bad? I thought they were supposed to be decent.. they're not cheap either

anyone else with a view on avons?

Tyre size on mine is 185x50x15.

The OE tyres were Bridgestones, which were fine handling wise but wore out quite quickly - 13k on the front and 18k on the rear.

I've got some Dunlop Sport's on the back now, which seem to grip ok but are wearing much better than the Bridgestones. I've done 23k on them and still 4-5mm tread left.

I've got Avon's (think they are ZV-1s) on the front now, which seem to handle ok and are so far wearing better than the Bridgestones. I'll probably replace the Dunlops with Avons when they eventually wear out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links