Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Life

Mad_Ness

Just for curiosity... can anyone tell me how long do 1.0 clutches use to last?? Normally jap cars tend to have the same clutch for some 100.000 kms can I expect it from mine?? :P

Mine has lasted 62,500 miles so far and it's had a hard life for the past 30,000 miles! :ph34r::thumbsup:

It depends how you drive it, earpl's clutches don't last much more than a few miles each :P

Probably earpl is nuts! :lol:

but I'm questioning this cos usually i drive the most time inside town, lots of traffic, traffic lights.... and the most jammed road in europe IC 19 lots of times at the rush hour... :P and how it started to make a strange rubbing noise while pressing and releasing the pedal (already solved) and some clunks :P just wondering how long it lasts =) cumps! and thanks everyone!

aye..totally depends on driving style...it's not really fast starts, etc that prematurly wears clutches...but sitting on the clutch at lights etc..rather than using the handbrake which kills them.

vipes

Hi there...........

I had a 1.0GS before my TS and i used it for driving instruction, My 1st clutch lasted around 76,000 miles, and replacement clutches,

not toyota ones, about 45,00 miles each.

On my TS i have just turned 66,00 and no problems as yet!

Famous last words!!

:thumbsup:

Hi there...........

I had a 1.0GS before my TS and i used it for driving instruction, My 1st clutch lasted around 76,000 miles, and replacement clutches,

not toyota ones, about 45,00 miles each.

On my TS i have just turned 66,00 and no problems as yet!

Famous last words!!

:thumbsup:

76,000 learning miles? Enough said.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links