Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4efte Conversion

cynos_boy

All ye Gurus out there!

Just what exactly is required to convert from a 4EFE to a 4EFTE.

Had a search thru some older threads but just couldn't find a definitive post.

Who is a reliable 'converter'- generic question to all that have carried out this conversion (UK or Eire)

Muchas Gracias

C_B :thumbsup:

just get the engine, instead of converting n/a to turbo. on that note, there's a low mileage example going for £425 if you're interested. all you need is someone who know's the conversion, who will then install the engine for you. but its advisable you have the whole starlet gt / glanza front clip including ecu, harness etc...

converter, im not sure but i think fensport may have done it (they have the £425 engine), and i think jbmotorsport have done it too (i believe they helped put the 4efte into paseo_gt_turbo's paseo), otherwise im non too sure

As Riko said - get the whole front clip mate.

The harnes is a compleate & utter B**** from what i've been told.

Otherwise Fensport will do the lot for about £2500

J

I really wanted to do this on my paseo, went to a good few local performance garages and they all said itd be too much work to do, as you need custom engine mounts, custom driveshafts, and like james said the wiring harness is a BA*TARD, every wire has to be traced back to find out what it does!

I phoned fensport, they only supply, they will not do the conversion.

I think jbmotorsport is about your only hope.

Good Luck!!!

I really wanted to do this on my paseo, went to a good few local performance garages and they all said itd be too much work to do, as you need custom engine mounts, custom driveshafts, and like james said the wiring harness is a BA*TARD, every wire has to be traced back to find out what it does!

I phoned fensport, they only supply, they will not do the conversion.

I think jbmotorsport is about your only hope.

Good Luck!!!

You dont need custom engine mounts or drive shafts :thumbsup:

From what I know:

Wiring is a nightmare. You'll need an ECU plus enough loom to make sense of it.

Engine mounts may be slightly different on a Paseo

Front Cut, or crashed Starlet is the best way to go, whilst its tempting to buy bits and pieces here and there, it often ends up more complicated doing it this way.

ok i have a good garage willing to do a 4efte in my seo at a very good price. what do i need?

engine

loom

gear box

ecu

what about drive shafts?

i will be fitting a front mount so wont need to vent the bonnet

the work is being done by just jap autos in stafford

Jim

from a Starlet you will need

engine complete with starter, alternator, pas pump

exhaust manifold, turbo, downpipe

flywheel and clutch

preferably with gearbox and driveshafts

295cc fuel injectors

4e-fte map sensor

4e-fte ECU and enough of the loom to make sense of it all.

you will have to make a custom fmic pipework and also exhaust from catalyst backwards.

the wiring is the hardest bit. If you can get a Paseo ECU pin out diagram you can compare existing pins with EP82 or EP91 pin out diagrams and from there work out which wires to swap over and what wires will need to be run to the ECU.

It helps if you can buy a Starlet with all the bits in situ so you can learn from the dismantling process.

Jim there was someone on the TGTT site that was on about selling his crashed starlet was in Dublin though but still might be worth looking into. You can aways sell whats left for parts.

Simon

I've done 4 turbo swaps in Seras and the easiest have always been when I've had a whole car or a front cut to take parts from.

Now in theory, you could put the 5e-fe engine into the Starlet and use it as a cheap runabout...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links