Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damn Ebay!

JT

:censor: :ffs: :censor:

ive just bid on a mag from 1986 that had an article where they got an AE82 GT, AE86GT, and a Mk1 MR2 together, comparing them on the road and on the track. i had bid on this mag once before (on a different copy) and lost out at the last minute, so i thought to make sure, i'd bid at the last minute on this one.

it only had one bid on it @£3.50, so i put one in @£3.70, then after about 5 bids, after clearing his max bid, i was winning at £7.00, with 20secs to go. i refresh for the last time, and wot do i see!!??

YOU WERE OUTBID £7.50!!!

i mean :ffs: :censor: :arrgg-matey: :censor: :ffs:

Mate that happend to me on a in car tv i was bidding for people who wait for those last 20 sec's or so are complete and utter :censor: 's in my book u could allways e-mail who ever had the auction and say that if they dont buy it u will have it that sometimes works :thumbsup:

there are programs you can download that makes sure you are at the top... this person probably had this sftware running and thats why he beat your bid

There is a good chance it won't reach your final bid price still. If it sold for £7.50 you should have put down £8.00 instead of complaining. Even then you may not have got it.

I really can't see what the problem is.  :rolleyes:

Infact you have a better chance if you bid a really stupid figuer which no one would think off, for example instead of £8.00 i bid £8.17 or something like that, you don't loose out on anything and i do have to agree with dosenöffner that the whole point of an auction (internet) is bidding in the few mins. :thumbsup:

I sometimes have 3 or 4 web eplorers open on the same item ready to give the next highest price and keep refreshing the origional and when some one does out bid you, you can easily use the spare explorers you have opened up.

However i can complain about :censor: eBay when it comes to head units, car stereos. I bought a panasonic head unit, and it said it has CD CONTROL, but that doesn't mean it's a cd player, so i bid a huge amount of money on a tape player. Anyway i ended up sellin it on eBay my self , sold it for £5 more than i bought it. A few weeks later the guy i sold it to sends it back sayin it doesn't work and wanted his money back :ffs: , ofcourse i forgot to check if it does before sellin it. However when i instaled it in my car, it worked fine, so some of these :censor: out there are really annoying. In the end i decided to give it to one of my relatives as a present, hense loosing £65.00 to :censor: eBay!!! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

WTF? 

Not being funny but isn't that the whole idea of an auction?  When I'm selling the last minute bidder is great. They push the final price up. It's called getting what you want. How bad do you want it?

EBay works better than a real auction. In a real auction you have to keep bidding.

If you wanted it that bad decide how much you are willing to pay and put that figure in. Then if you are out bid it is outside what you were willing to pay so there isn't an issue. There is a good chance it won't reach your final bid price still. If it sold for £7.50 you should have put down £8.00 instead of complaining. Even then you may not have got it.

I really can't see what the problem is. 

i rlly cant see what your problem is!

i wasn't moaning about the entire eBay system. im sorry if im not allowed to be a bit disappointed at losing an ultra rare item twice for pitiful amounts of money. when i bid, it only had one prev bid on it @£3.50. i put a bid of £5 in, and hoped for the best. that was beat, so i put £7 in with 20secs to go. but i lost. so i was disappointed. so i thought id post.

no need to have a big rant! :eek:

There is a good chance it won't reach your final bid price still. If it sold for £7.50 you should have put down £8.00 instead of complaining. Even then you may not have got it.

I really can't see what the problem is.  :rolleyes:

Infact you have a better chance if you bid a really stupid figuer which no one would think off, for example instead of £8.00 i bid £8.17 or something like that, you don't loose out on anything and i do have to agree with dosenöffner that the whole point of an auction (internet) is bidding in the few mins. :thumbsup:

Exactly right youve hit the nail on the head..exactly what i do and 99% of the time i usually win auction's using this technique.

Another point is to submit a price you are willing to pay at the most.

Which is the point I was making. Just bid you're maximum amount you are willing to pay right from the start. If it goes over it you don't mind. If it stays under you win and you haven't spent more than you wanted to.

This technique also limits the urge to impulse buy and think what's a couple more quid on what I've bid It must be close. Pretty soon you've spent too much.

Out of interest which magazine is it? Issue, publisher, etc...

it was an issue of Motor magazine, not sure on the publisher. it was something like from March 1986, and had a big picture of a Lancia Delta S4 on the front.

the article i was after was where they took the 3 toyotas with the same engine (corolla GT, GT Coupe and MR2) round the track, and compared them. still, £7 saved, i suppose! :D