Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Parking Sensors

stay_aliveuk

I noticed alot of you have reverse parking sensors fitted. I am close to buying some (the beeping is quite quick Ha Ha) and was wondering if any of you can recommend any. there appear to be a bundle of them on eBay and a wide ranging of prices. Are they all a much of a muchness or is there a difference?

Cheers and happy New Year to you all.

I am thinking about getting these ones:

http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/liberty_1_parking_sensor.asp

Mainly because they are silver in colour to start with.

I'm not sure that I'll connect up all 4 though - probably just the outside two.

I find the rear extremes of the Rav more difficult to judge rather than the entire width when reversing (if that makes sense!)

The set i had on my last car was the none display type, i feel the beeping type is the only ones needed, at least with the beeping type your looking out the back as you go, not reading a display on the dash (in my opinion :thumbsup: 0.

This is the type i plan to get, you can also opt for 2, 3 or 4 sensors....

http://www.parking-sensor.co.uk/order/1820.htm

Yeah you don't really need the display.

I have one with a display, but it's mounted on the rear door kind of where the spare wheel obscures the vision. It tells you how far away from the obstruction in tenths of a metre. It can be quite usefull to be honest. But I mounted it at the back because that's the way I look when reversing.

Four sensors are recommendable over two though. I've only got the two mounted at the moment, and really want to get the other two fitted when I have chance.

Yeah you don't really need the display.

I have one with a display, but it's mounted on the rear door kind of where the spare wheel obscures the vision.  It tells you how far away from the obstruction in tenths of a metre.  It can be quite usefull to be honest.  But I mounted it at the back because that's the way I look when reversing.

Four sensors are recommendable over two though.  I've only got the two mounted at the moment, and really want to get the other two fitted when I have chance.

Stu, you say you have a 4 sensor kit ,but only using two, i take it the system still works with only two connected ?( or have you not got them working yet ).

I ask as i quizzed a seller on eBay about buy a 4 sensor kit (it was cheap) and asked if i could just plug in two sensors, and he said he didn't think it would work.

Yeah mine works fine with just the two sensors connected. It's a common kit on eBay that I have. The screen tells you how far you are from the obstruction and there are LEDs to give a picture of the distance too. The more LEDs lit - the closer you are.

They normally work ok so long as you have at least one sensor connected to the left and one connected to the right channel I believe. Please don't take this as fact for all systems though. If you want a picture of my system, I can try and post one.

Yeah mine works fine with just the two sensors connected. It's a common kit on eBay that I have. The screen tells you how far you are from the obstruction and there are LEDs to give a picture of the distance too. The more LEDs lit - the closer you are.

They normally work ok so long as you have at least one sensor connected to the left and one connected to the right channel I believe. Please don't take this as fact for all systems though. If you want a picture of my system, I can try and post one.

If you could find an eBay link to one of your kits, that would be great, i don't really want a display, just want to see which one you have.....cheers :thumbsup: .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links