Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Happy With My Car

billsinc

A week ago I bought a 1.8VVTI T2 Avensis registered in Dec 04, 7,100 miles on the clock, looks perfect, for £9,800. Seems like a good deal to me, is it?

Delighted with it, runs like a dream, holds the road very well.

Like it better than my previous 2.0GLS (2000 W reg) Avensis, which I liked too.

A question though, someone was trying to tell me something about the specialities of the VVTI engine, which i could not understand, something happens at 5000rpm?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

Bill

I have a Dec 03, 20 000 miles, 1.8 vvti and never noticed any issue about 5000 rpm. By the way, no oil consumption so far and ~38 mpg, mixed conditions.

Good luck!

Not sure gents, as I run the diesel, but I think thats the point where the variable Valve Timing actually changes form one setting to the other. Dunno if you would notice the change though.

Not sure gents, as I  run the diesel, but  I think thats the point where the variable Valve Timing actually changes form one setting to the other.  Dunno if you would notice the change though.

Its not a change like honda's vtec or toyota vvtl-i its just a extra surge of power upto 6000rpm, although i seem to find its more around 4000-4500 rpm the extra surge seems to come in.

Agreed -- 4-4500 rpm on my 2.0 petrol where it really shouts hooray. Used to be more like 5,000+ on the pre VVT-i jobs. VVt-i may have flattened the torque curve, but Toyota were always a little high-revving to get any muscle anyhow so I don't find this 'improvement' better than offerings from other brands revs-wise. Look at the VW FSI -- peaks at 3500 rpm and even better fuel economy. Ne'r yhe less, not tempted away from Toyota as yet (even so, test drive a 2.0 litre Octavia -- lovely engine).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links