Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

** Gijoe90 & Mr2 In Very Serious Crash **

GiJoe90

** GiJoe90 & MR2 in very serious accident on Christmas Day **

Sorry this isn't GiJoe90 - it's Laura his fiancee. Joe was in a serious car crash on Christmas Day and isn't able to speak to anyone on the forum himself.

No-one really knows exactly what happened but Joe was out for a drive in the MR2 with his cousin Ed on Christmas Day and the car appears to have spun and crashed into a tree. Joe was initially taken to Scunny Hospital with serious head and spinal injuries but as he required an operation immediately he was then transferred to Hull Royal Infirmary to be treated by Neurosurgeons.

After an operation to remove a blood clot from his brain Joe was in Intensive Care, sedated for 8 days and has now been awake and breathing on his own for 4 days. He’s been moved into the High Dependency Unit which is a very good sign. He’s aware of everything now – but is missing a lot of time and isn’t allowed to even sit up in bed due to an ‘unstable fracture’ in his lower back and is awaiting another operation to replace a piece of bone/skull that was removed.

Although Joe has further operations to come and is currently suffering serious injuries, he is very glad to be alive and appreciative of the doctors who saved his life. It has been a very close call.

Hopefully in the future Joe will be able to post updates himself as he progresses.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GiJoe90

• GIDDLEPIN

• knowlson

• Calisto

This came to my attention by Mo a couple of week ago, Glad to hear that is his recovering well.

Get well soon Joe!

Thinking of you too laura

Jeeeeze, really sorry to hear about this, always horrible stumbling on a thread like this...

My thoughts go out to Joe and all around him :yes:

If you wanna chat or owt Laura i'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say that we're all happy to hear from you-

All the best and keep your chin up!!! :group-cuddles:

Really sorry to here that, thanks for letting us know Laura it must be a very difficult time for you.

Glad to here he is on the mend and my best wishes to you both.

Thank's for taking the time to tell us Laura as i know thing's must be very difficult for you at the mo.

Very glad Joe is on the mend and if their is anything we can do to help in any little way just let us know on here or drop me a pm :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting us know Laura, it was a real shock finding out about it just after Christmas but it has been encouraging to hear of his progress since the accident and I’m sure the improvement will continue.

The hospital is not that far from where I live so when Joe is feeling up to it and with your permission, I wouldn’t mind popping in to visit him, you can PM or email to let me know

All the best and regards to Joe

Les

Omg Im sorry to hear this Laura, we all luv Joe on TOC, my hearfelt wishes for a speedy recovery and luv go out to you both.

Please tell Joe KITT says hello :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting us know Laura, it was a real shock finding out about it just after Christmas but it has been encouraging to hear of his progress since the accident and I’m sure the improvement will continue.

The hospital is not that far from where I live so when Joe is feeling up to it and with your permission, I wouldn’t mind popping in to visit him, you can PM or email to let me know

All the best and regards to Joe

Les

Like to add my best wishes to Les's :group-cuddles:

I'm really sorry to hear about this, it all sounds awful.... I'm glad he's getting better. Please let him know we're all thinking of him.

Best wishes to you both.

Em

xx

We want to wish him all the best, andhope you get through this together.

Its good to know hes on the mend and hopehe makes a speedy recovery.

:group-cuddles:

Really sorry to hear this Laura. :( I hope Joe makes a speedy and complete recovery. :yes:

My thoughts are with you all.. here's hope a speedy and full recovery for Joe.

So sorry to hear this joe's a nice guy,Thanks Laura for taking the time to let

us all know how he is.

i wish him a full & speedy recovery.

my thoughts are with you both.

love

kim & mark x

I too had spoken to Mo just after Christmas when we were both unsure whether it was Joe or not, but worried nevertheless. After Mo got in contact and found out what was going on we were naturally very shocked and hoped for the best on all accounts.

We are all here with any support you may want or need and we wish Joe a speedy recovery.

I too, like Les, would love to come visit, only once Joe is up to it, as he has been a great friend in the time I have known him, and if seeing people will cheer him up perhaps :) all the better.

Until then, please pass on my best wishes and a virtual hug (dunno if he is up for a real one yet :)

Love JJ :)

Thanks for taking the time to let us know Laura. Best wishes to Joe for a speedy recovery.

My thoughts are with you both :)

Thanks for giving us an update Laura, my heart kinda sank when I was told on boxing day that the lad was in intensive care :crybaby: . But thats great new's he's on the mend :D excellent!

Im sure I say this for all of TOC, but just shout out if you or him need anything :thumbsup: ... All the best for a steady recovery Joe

So sorry to hear this - its awful :( , really glad he's on the mend

Best wishes to both of you and hope he makes a full and speedy recovery :)

Guest rev3turbo

I first saw the pics and write up in our local paper and knew instantly it was joe's car (although they said it was blue), but was unsure if it was actually joe or not cos i spoke to him xmas eve n he said he was in london.

there was a report in the paper the next night saying a little more and he was in hull royal infirmary, so i found the number and gave them a call hoping they would tell me something.

i was put through to the ward he was on and spoke to his mum (thanks for all the updates and keeping me well informed margaret). It was such as shock to learn it was indeed joe and the extent of his injuries, my heart sank, joe is top bloke even if his conversations while ppl are eating is sometimes a little off :lol: (he'll know what i mean about pigs :eek: )

I know you will all understand i didn't want to make it common knowledge until we knew he was going to be ok and i also had the permission of his family to inform you all, very pleased Laura beat me to it Thanks loads laura :group-cuddles:.

Wishing joe a very speedy recovery i'll come see ya soon buddy all the best take care :thumbsup:

Just as a footnote, i've been in a car with joe n he doesnt't push it or drive like a loon, but this shows you how easily it happens, take care this time of year folks well infact everytime ur behind the wheel, it's a dangerous world out there you never know what is gonna happen, it only takes a split second.

Thanks for listening

Mo.

theres not many thing thats make me miss a beat! but this did....

im stunned!

hoping all the best :( as ken says, if any help needed :)

This is the 1st I've heard about this so it's a big shock, thanks for letting us know Laura. Good to see he's on the mend, keep us up to date if you can.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links