Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camber Angle Adjustment

GT4 BOOSTER

my brothers st202 pulls to the left, he took it for tracking to be told his camber angle is wrong , possibly a front end knock or a bent arm somewhere , but he cant find any where that does camber adjustments - any of you guys have a clue - thanks. a price would help alot also . :thumbsup:

my brothers st202 pulls to the left, he took it for tracking to be told his camber angle is wrong , possibly a front end knock or a bent arm somewhere , but he cant find any where that does camber adjustments - any of you guys have a clue - thanks. a price would help alot also .  :thumbsup:

Try what i did and find someone local that does rallying. I`ll put money on it that they have a nice set of camber gauges and for a small consideration will set it up for your bro. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

my brothers st202 pulls to the left, he took it for tracking to be told his camber angle is wrong , possibly a front end knock or a bent arm somewhere , but he cant find any where that does camber adjustments - any of you guys have a clue - thanks. a price would help alot also .  :thumbsup:

have a look in My Webpage and click on the 'trusted centers' tab hopefully one of the centres there are near you?

Just had mine done at Merityre (all over the place) £27.50 :D

http://www.protune.co.uk/wheel_alignment.htm

found this near me , gonna have mine checked out , as it vibrates alot at certain speeds.  wheels are brand new and balanced .

NO!.. be wise.... four wheel alignment is 'NOT' what it describes.

EXPLINATION

Tracking/front wheel alignment is Linear across the front wheels and suggests the forward position of the front wheels and shows no concern for any other angle.

Four wheel alignment, uses the rear wheels as a scale in an attempt to centre the steering wheel.... again this shows no concern for any other angle.

Full geometry is 'Global' and measures all 15 angles is not in dispute geometrically, absolute in conclusion good or bad.

Four wheel geometry is 'NOT' the same as 'FULL' geometry.....

Balancing machine might need calibrated.. which would mean wheels are out of balance.. or, centralising rings (spigot rings) are missing from the wheels.. and wheels won't be centred on the hub.... or a tyre is slightly distorted.. or a wheel is slightly buckled.

Check rings are in place if its aftermarket alloys./. if they are.. get the balance rechecked.. at same time ask the fitter to check tyres and wheels are ok.

NO!.. be wise.... four wheel alignment is 'NOT' what it describes.

EXPLINATION

Tracking/front wheel alignment is Linear across the front wheels and suggests the forward position of the front wheels and shows no concern for any other angle.

Four wheel alignment, uses the rear wheels as a scale in an attempt to centre the steering wheel.... again this shows no concern for any other angle.

Full geometry is 'Global' and measures all 15 angles is not in dispute geometrically, absolute in conclusion good or bad.

Four wheel geometry is 'NOT' the same as 'FULL' geometry.....

Couldn't have put it better myself :thumbsup:

You need to get a FULL GLOBAL geometric check done if your suspension on the car has been changed.. the standard allignment/tracking settings are no longer applicable to your car.. these settings are for standard suspension only.

4 wheel allignment and a geometric check are two totaly different things.. 4 wheel allignment is most commonly used on cars with 4 wheel steering systems.

Sure its not torque steer????

i changed my superstrut , and had new alloys fitted about the same time , my 2 fronts have a 2mm spacer to miss the calipers. at a set speed of 85 mph on a track day the whole car vibrates , not gently either sometimes its agressive , after about 90 mph it goes away and returns in the realms of around about 110 mph dissappears at around 120 ish - i'm thinking balancing weights may of come off - should they really need balancing so soon . they are brand new wheels that came balanced.

Hitting a pot hole.. steam cleaner.. something... something else.. and probably even another thing, can all cause the balance weights to fall off, or just knock the wheels out of balance.

Balance and buckled wheels are the easiest thing to get checked.. next to check would be suspension arms and bushes as well as drive shafts etc... but, tbh, at speeds in excess og 80mph, it could be anything, even something do do with the engine or an engine mount.

Get things checked out one at a time.. and see how it goes, its about all you can do.

they are the stick on ones too , i think i will have all 4 balanced elsewhere , would kwik fit have the machine calibrated quite often do you think .

Most production cars dont have adjustment for camber, its factory set by the design of the suspension components and pick up points. Unless you have fitted a camber adjustment kit (adjustable top mounts) its unlikely that anyone will be able to alter whatever camber there is.

Reading some of the posts already made it seems that some people are confusing wheel tracking (either 2 or 4 wheel) with camber. Remember tracking is a fore/aft function, camber is a vertical function (the angle the wheel leans in or out when viewed from the front of the car). Its something that changes when you lower your car. The third angle in steering geometry of course is caster, which is the angle that forms a line between the lower (ball) joint and the centre of the strut upper bearing compared to a vertical line when looking at the side of the car. On a car with a Y shaped lower radius arm there will be little or no caster adjustment. if you have a "straight" radius arm and a tie bar you will get some adjustment by adjusting the effective length of that tie bar.

If its been suggested that there has been some suspension damage you would be better off carefully checking all the suspension components and relace any suspect ones.