Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Vs Focus

Wilmot99

Hi all,

I'm getting a new corolla T3 1.6 on the 1st of march.

I currently have a ford focus lx 1.6.

The focus is nice and spacious and at the moment i ave no bad words about it.

Just wondering if anyone else has compared them and what the good points and bad points of each are.

Hi all,

I'm getting a new corolla T3 1.6 on the 1st of march.

I currently have a ford focus lx 1.6.

The focus is nice and spacious and at the moment i ave no bad words about it.

Just wondering if anyone else has compared them and what the good points and bad points of each are.

arhh i had a focus 1.6 zetec bfor my corolla. well performance wise the corolla is def betta, betta acceleration, top speed and more torque which is good for performance but not gd for petrol. id say the interior feels betta than the focus aswell, but with space i think the focus has more, bcos the focus did hav a lot of space, but im nt sure bout the rear of the corolla bcos i havnt actually sat at the bak of my one bfor, but i know the focus has loads of space, and i hav to admit the focus handles betta than the corolla, bcos the focus has stiffer suspension and it hasnt got stupid electric steering which makes the steering wheel light and u cant feel things as well. may seem like the focus is betta, but the corolla is a nice car. could choice

If you're talking about the new model Focus, it probably is a better car, with a better percieved fit and finish inside as well.

However, I'd be wary to accept that this translates to reliability as good as the Corolla.

Also, the Focus really is more expensive than the Corolla - From what I remember when getting my Corolla last summer, an equivalent Focus is 1-2k pricier.

Two other points which you might like about the Toyota is that it is both far less common on the road than the Ford, and it's built in GB.

However, I do agree that the steering can get annoying and fidgety at speed, but you do get somewhat used to it.

Hope this helps,

David.

i don't agree with orangezorki. think corolla is better in quality,reliability and performance :driving: and has a lot better fit and finish :eek: . plastics in focus look very cheap and here in Bulgaria focus is much cheaper than corolla.the space in new focus is better and the trunk is bigger,but corolla is better for me. :D :yes:

i don't agree with orangezorki. think corolla is better in quality,reliability and performance :driving: and has a lot better fit and finish :eek: . plastics in focus look very cheap and here in Bulgaria focus is much cheaper than corolla.the space in new focus is better and the trunk is bigger,but corolla is better for me. :D :yes:

Interesting! Are you sure that you have the 'new' focus available in Bulgaria? I ask because the focus sold in the USA is still the old version, and from what little I've seen, the new one has made a big step up in interior quality. Though we all know from VW that percieved quality does not necessarily mean reliability.

I drove a 1.6 old version Focus when I was a learner and for my driving test - I do agree that in comparison with that, my 1.6 Corolla is better or equal in everything apart from handling, which is still fine.

David.

I have three friends who have or had the old Focus, and all of them had serious problems after a couple of years---ball joints replaced under warranty, banging noises from the rear suspension arms, doors becoming stiff and creaky. Nice car to drive, but I think built for the fleet market where they really only have to last three years.

It's possible that Ford has upped the build quality on the new ones, as they are more expensive after all, but Fords are Fords.

I'd consider one as a company car, but on their track record I would not spend my own money on one.

Paul.

Hi

I agree with what most of the people seem to be saying about the Focus V's the Corolla.

The Focus main plus point's is the handling & steering are a long way ahead of the Corolla's even the T Sport Corolla I drive does not handle any were near as good as a 1.6 Focus my dad has.

But the Corolla does seem a lot more solid (even though my Corolla rattled inside like a Citroen AX when I got it).

Pb

:wacko: