Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mkii Back On The Road

gus

:censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

i hate cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censor: :censor: :censor:

well not actually. to tell the full story it was totaly my fault...........put all the engine back together and she ran like a dream which is suprising when i tell you what i did........after running her for about 30 miles i heard a load scrapping noise coming from roughly the front of the gearbox.....what the hell i thought :censor: :censor: :censor: got the car back to the garage......up on the ramps.......and the covers off the front of the bell housing..........well bugger me if there wasn't a 4mm gouge in the fly wheel.....were she was rubbing against the back of the sump :crybaby::crybaby: .......

guess who forget to put the spacer in between the back of the engine and the fly wheel.

cus the engine that i bought to replace the knackered one was a manual i had to take the flywheel of my knackered auto but when i put it on the new engine i forgot the spacer.

what an A :censor: se

so its back to square one engine out replace spacer and new flywheel and then engine back in............

god i feel a prat :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

yeah easily done but what i pain in the *****....when you realise what you've done......engine out again to get at the fly wheel :crybaby:

aw man that's bad luck! sorry to hear that, you must be sooooo :censor: ed off!

dont worry at least its fixable. i think anyone who has rebuilt engines always gets to nearly finishing and spots some thing on the bench that lives deep inside the engine. done it myself welcome to the club

yeah its fixable......thanks for the support lads.....was getting a little pis :censor: ed off with the whole thing latley.......but monday is another week......i'll get there... :thumbsup:

heh, atleast once you put it together you will find it worth it. my 85 is a manual as well, and it really is quite forgiving as a manual to say the least.