Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-sport Comparison!

Spuffington

hi guys, my friend just collected his Celica T Sport today and owning a Corolla T Sport myself, i cudnt resist and see which car is quicker. we were both rolling on a A Road and i can tell u now, that both cars r pretty much the same. But i guess we'll only find out from 0-60. BUT i hav to admit the celica handles a lot betta than the corolla, the chasis is def betta and i feel more confident around bends with the Celica.

il try and confince myfriend to join this forum

• 1 month later...

ive driven both the celica and corolla, currently got the tsport corolla doesnt handle anywere near as good as the celica does

• 3 months later...

i race a celica tsport 52 plate and a import celica 190 y plate from 0-80 done them about 2-3 cars i am sorry to say the beautful celica are no match for the corolla.

i race a celica tsport 52 plate and a import celica 190 y plate from 0-80 done them about 2-3 cars i am sorry to say the beautful celica are no match for the corolla.

Hardly the most scientific test evAR.

Isn't the Rolla about 100Kg heavier than the Celica, but with exactly the same engine. The Celica center of gravity should be much lower and most reviewers acknowledge the Celica as a great chassis, whereas few will say that about the Rolla.

So I can't see how the Celica can possibly lose against the TSport unless the driver isn't on the ball.

Hardly the most scientific test evAR.

Isn't the Rolla about 100Kg heavier than the Celica, but with exactly the same engine. The Celica center of gravity should be much lower and most reviewers acknowledge the Celica as a great chassis, whereas few will say that about the Rolla.

So I can't see how the Celica can possibly lose against the TSport unless the driver isn't on the ball.

look before i did these test i alway believe the celica are lot faster i mean the factory quote them 1.4 sec fast than corolla,but after testing out in reallty i can honsly say the celica will lose to the corolla i dont know why.

i can also tell you the import celica 190 did better than the uk celica tsport agains me

look is easy for you people to say is down to the driver but i had many race's with different cars different driver's with video's proof and i just dont believe every driver i race with dont know how to drive the facts are the cts has surprise me aswell or maybe i am just a awesome driver .

just so everyone know i dont drive up someone's bumper on the road who i dont know and force them to race me,the race's i have are all arrange so both party knows whats gonna happen.

i had many race's with different cars different driver's with video's proof

Care to share them?

Unless of course you mean races on the road; in which case the winner is always the person who is prepared to break the law by the biggest margin, and the results are therefore meaningless.

How do you explain that of two cars with identical engines, the one that's about 10% heavier always wins? Because if all else were equal I'd back the lighter one every time.

i had many race's with different cars different driver's with video's proof

Care to share them?

Unless of course you mean races on the road; in which case the winner is always the person who is prepared to break the law by the biggest margin, and the results are therefore meaningless.

How do you explain that of two cars with identical engines, the one that's about 10% heavier always wins? Because if all else were equal I'd back the lighter one every time.

we DONT race on the public road it is illegal.

i know exactly where you are going with these sad qusion's and i can tell you the race's take place in my back garden.

do i want to share my video proof with you erm.... NO.

believe what you like the celica can get beat by the my corolla is a fact.

do i want to share my video proof with you erm.... NO.

Not really proof then is it? ;)

But I'm not bothered about that.

I'm seriously interested to know whether a Rolla is faster than a Celica. I've had a 190 and thinking of getting another one. But the TSports are available for slightly less money so if the Rolla really is faster then I'd be daft to buy a Celica.

I just don't see how it can be faster though if it's heavier and has the same engine. Unless the gearing is very different, but I doubt that can be the case because both cars have to be geared to allow the driver to keep them in the lift zone. The Celica 190 just achieves that, and I presume the Rolla does too.

Am I wrong about the weights perhaps? I believe the Celica's about 1180Kg and the Rolla 1280 (both give or take depending on spec, bodykit etc).

Can anyone explain this?

you want to play it nice now ok then

why does it matter which car is faster the celica are a very beautiful looking car i like them a lot and there is no shame beaten by the corolla by a tiny bit and it shouldn't put you of buying the car , if you want a fast car you shouldn't be looking at either of these car's you should get yourself a turbo and i dont think the corolla weight 1280kg it weight less than that.

dont forget there are some corolla goes good some goes below par i just happen to have a corolla can hold is own.

Both are cracking cars, I would say that there wouldnt be a lot of difference between the two performance wise. :)

Same engine, gearbox and gearing.....have to say though i would prefer the Celica because of the looks and handling..

T128 has a point you can get cars that are 'fit' in comparison to others, my mates old 1.6 3dr Focus (standard apart from k&n panel filter) would sit with my other mates highly modded Saxo VTR 1.6....i actually couldnt believe it until i seen it myself...but my mate gave the Focus dogs abuse from day one....1.6 Focus also was marginally quicker than my old 130bhp Focus (which it shouldnt have been)...

The Corolla weighs 1255kg, the Celica weighs 1215...40kg isnt going to make much difference....I have no idea where people are getting 100kg difference from...

Its the same old story between Saxo VTS/106 GTi....Peugeot quoted a slower 0-60 than Citroen...both basically the same car, same engine with the 106 being slightest bit heavier..but in reality there was absolutely no difference in performance.

Id choose the celica over the corolla any day of the week, celica is a sports car with a sports car engine, corolla is just a family hatch with a borrowed engine to boost sales but thats just my opinion, but as soon as my missus passes her test shes gettin herself a corolla TS or shes on the street....lol

The Corolla weighs 1255kg, the Celica weighs 1215...40kg isnt going to make much difference....I have no idea where people are getting 100kg difference from...

I had 1145Kg for the Celica but that could be wrong, and certainly the weights vary according to spec; IIRC that was in fact for the old 190 which didn't even have a rear spoiler as standard so official weight would be light compared to the later cars I imagine.

Even 40Kg is quite a significant difference though; 3% lighter = approximately 3% better acceleration.

I had 1145Kg for the Celica but that could be wrong, and certainly the weights vary according to spec; IIRC that was in fact for the old 190 which didn't even have a rear spoiler as standard so official weight would be light compared to the later cars I imagine.

Even 40Kg is quite a significant difference though; 3% lighter = approximately 3% better acceleration.

Still hardly going to be night and day difference though.....

This thread will just go on and on!! :lol:

How about we arrange a Celica TS Vs Corolla TS day at Santa Pod?

Then we'll have a definative answer!!

:thumbsup: