Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consuption

Liftback__Rolla

im not that good with the whole mpg thing. Just wondering if for a 1.3, 70 miles from £10 sounds about for everyday driveing i.e. round the city (not motorway driveing). If anybody could work out for me what mpg that is, i would be greatfull.... :D

N one other thing when i start up my corolla sometimes there is a whineing noise, which goes after a couple of minutes. The only way i can describe the noise is sort of like the noise a supercharger makes on a mini cooper s just not as loud. If anybody has any what this is and if its normal please let me know...

ta :thumbsup:

It depends on how many litres your getting for your tenner (price/litre).....

If say it is 88p/litre then you get 11.36 litres.

Now divide that by 4.546 to convert it to gallons and you get 2.5 gallons (close enough).

Now divide the miles you've done by the number of gallons and it works out at 28mpg (you should be getting alot more than that!)

The noise is propably coming from one of the belts......

It depends on how many litres your getting for your tenner (price/litre).....

If say it is 88p/litre then you get 11.36 litres.

Now divide that by 4.546 to convert it to gallons and you get 2.5 gallons (close enough).

Now divide the miles you've done by the number of gallons and it works out at 28mpg (you should be getting alot more than that!)

The noise is propably coming from one of the belts......

^^ :yes::thumbsup:

You must be driving that car pretty hard, I used to drive my GLi hard and that was getting around the same as you (26-35mpg)

As for your noise, like selfbuild says its probably just one of the belts, mine has a similar noise on startup :thumbsup:

I'm crap at all this MPG stuff too I get around 240miles for about £34-36 worth of fuel (full tank) :blink: what that work out at good/bad ??

I'm crap at all this MPG stuff too I get around 240miles for about £34-36 worth of fuel (full tank) :blink: what that work out at good/bad ??

Thats about similar to what im getting from my GXI :yes:

around 26 mpg, depending on fuel price :thumbsup:

i get around 250miles per tank. ive also got a 1.3. If i go really really lightly on throttle and roll places and change to fith like straight away i got about 340 miles a tank. I had taken it to a local garage in chester and they said it was putting alot of fuel through exhaust and it had an error in ecu but not got around to taking it to a toy dealer for diagnostics yet.

you guys need another gear! i can get 340 miles to a tank on a motorway run but thats on fumes towards the end (i did it last weekend :!Removed!: )

you guys need another gear! i can get 340 miles to a tank on a motorway run but thats on fumes towards the end (i did it last weekend :!Removed!: )

I dont need another gear, i just need to change up before 6,000rpm :lol:

What revs are you pulling at 70mph in 6th?

naff all, can only do 70 on the flat in 6th, but at 85 its 3750ish

so thats why its so good on fuel! mines pulling 4,250ish i think @ 85 :crybaby:

naff all, can only do 70 on the flat in 6th, but at 85 its 3750ish

so thats why its so good on fuel! mines pulling 4,250ish i think @ 85 :crybaby:

Only 225 miles out of a tank for me!!! and at 70 I am at 3000rpm I want 340 miles out of mine!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links