Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kit

Adeel

:help: Hi, guys bought a nice stainless steel induction filter and fitted it to the car but in the side of the air box in the top half there seems to be a sensor/plug so A) what does it do and B) is it ok if i leave it off and out of the way Thanks guys

p.s. any one know the price of a g6r front lip, grill and side skirts from toyota or atleast their part numbers

I had the same plug on my air box mate, just took the plug out and disconnected it from the plug so all i have left now is a standard toyota plug, didnt seem to make any difference to the car to be honest

so should i make a hole and put it into the rubber inlet pipe or bung my air box back on What do i do?

ok . ... what year/model of corolla is it ?? Its most likly the air temp sensor as with EVERYTHING in a car it has a function so don't just get rid of it.

If it is the air sensor then make sure it can do what it does. measure the temp of the air going into the engine...... cut holes tape it somewhere etc... etc...

:angry:

According to the Haynes manual for the AE101 model, and assuming you have the 4e-fe engine, that little sensor in the airbox is the Inlet Air Temperature sensor

it is a ae111 1.6 SR it is just like a little probe not like the usual large round maf sensors

oh dear, lol, so if it is that sensor, is it worth putting it back in? what does it doo because i didnt really notice a difference with it off?

the combustion of air and fuel is based on density.

density is a function of temperature and air pressure. therefore without the sensor, they ecu will switch to the default setting and depending on how the ecu is wired it will either be too rich or too weak.