Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Myth Of Toyota

amjedfarooq

if you look in this forum you will see how many people have complained about the engines failures and oil consumption the general thought is that the engine problems are very rare not the case

fact 1) 16.81% of all toyotas develop an engine fault within an average of 48024 miles

fact 2) 2.60% of all hondas develop an engine fault within an average 46883 miles

source reliabilityindex the index is based in actual claims by people who have warranties toyota are on their way to becoming the worlds biggest manufacturer but somewhere along the line they forgot what got them their in the first place if you have an independent survey that can dispute these figures please post it along with your source

and your point is? where are the figures for GM, Ford, Nissan, Fiat, VAG etc.

if you are going to make comparisons at least put them into context.

also how about listing the number of every motor manufacturers warranty claims/ failures and then break them down ito catagorys, eg, electrical, mechanical.

also based on these figures how is it Toyota get very high places in polls like the JD Power survey?

if you look in this forum you will see how many people have complained about the engines failures and oil consumption the general thought is that the engine problems are very rare not the case

fact 1) 16.81% of all toyotas develop an engine fault within an average of 48024 miles

fact 2) 2.60% of all hondas develop an engine fault within an average 46883 miles

source reliabilityindex the index is based in actual claims by people who have warranties toyota are on their way to becoming the worlds biggest manufacturer but somewhere along the line they forgot what got them their in the first place if you have an independent survey that can dispute these figures please post it along with your source

So what's the source of those figures? If you state "fact", without the source, how are we supposed to substantiate this? Is the "reliabilityindex" reliabilityindex.co.uk? Or somewhere else?

Also, I'm not arguing against the point that some of the Avensis models have developed engine faults with regard to excessive oil consumption, but it does seem to be restricted to a certain group of models, namely the VVT 1.8, Year 2000-2002 Models.

I know of five people who own or have owned 2000-2002 2.0L models from new and also used and since all these engine fault problems have peaked, I asked them about their cars: None have had any engine problems of any kind and one of those drove it as a taxi, the other four were reps. Using that as a source, I could claim that there was 0% engine faults "amongst the sample group" in my test. One of the rep cars (which my friend bought from his company at 3years (2004) ) have over 150000 miles on the clock! Three of them still drive the same cars, one has the same model as mine (2.0 D4D 2005) and one has a new Verso (and four kids!)

My point is that without mention of the "group" size/market/make/model the figures can be fudged and nobody is truely independent. WhatCar for example don't seem to have a bad word to say against VW cars, even though there are many reports of electrical faults.

Cheers,

Jim

I've had my 04 T3-X for 2 years now (since new). Apart from a new nearside headlight (which was misted) which was replaced under warranty (with NO quibbles from the dealer), my Avensis has been faultless.

Quiet, comfortable, all the toys I need etc.

In fact put a 3 star Badge on it and you would swear it was made my Mercedes. oops... sorry, got carried away, it;s MUCH better built than a mercedes as nothings fallen off it ! Perhaps I should have said the poors mans Lexus. Now I can live with that !

Cheers

Andrew

So what's the source of those figures? If you state "fact", without the source, how are we supposed to substantiate this? Is the "reliabilityindex" reliabilityindex.co.uk? Or somewhere else?

Also, I'm not arguing against the point that some of the Avensis models have developed engine faults with regard to excessive oil consumption, but it does seem to be restricted to a certain group of models, namely the VVT 1.8, Year 2000-2002 Models.

I know of five people who own or have owned 2000-2002 2.0L models from new and also used and since all these engine fault problems have peaked, I asked them about their cars: None have had any engine problems of any kind and one of those drove it as a taxi, the other four were reps. Using that as a source, I could claim that there was 0% engine faults "amongst the sample group" in my test. One of the rep cars (which my friend bought from his company at 3years (2004) ) have over 150000 miles on the clock! Three of them still drive the same cars, one has the same model as mine (2.0 D4D 2005) and one has a new Verso (and four kids!)

My point is that without mention of the "group" size/market/make/model the figures can be fudged and nobody is truely independent. WhatCar for example don't seem to have a bad word to say against VW cars, even though there are many reports of electrical faults.

Cheers,

Jim

I think the problem is somewhat more wide spread than this. Apparently the problem with the Vvti engine entends to VVTi engines in Avensis 1 and II, Corolla and RAV-4.

I think the problem is somewhat more wide spread than this. Apparently the problem with the Vvti engine entends to VVTi engines in Avensis 1 and II, Corolla and RAV-4.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of problems amongst the 'rollas and Ravs.

BTW: Your post makes me look a bit schizo, what with your post in my quote! ;)

Sorry Mr Hill Sir! :unsure:

I am not sure how that happened - put it down to total muppetry on my part :D

Sorry Mr Hill Sir! :unsure:

I am not sure how that happened - put it down to total muppetry on my part :D

Arrgh... The voices... Damn them! Damn them all to hell! :D

you know, 67% of statistics are made up on the spot...

:lol:

now bring us more sustantiated evidence, a beleiveable breakdown, and we might listen (we might also not actually care, but thats the chance you take)

:rolleyes:

there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

from the website you quote

Based on data gathered from millions of pounds worth of claims handled by Warranty Direct every year, the Reliability Index brings you the most comprehensive overview of cars on the road today.

the numbers you post relate only to those people who have warranty work done by ONE company.

way to cite a comprehensive source :rolleyes:

got troll somewhere else Hondaboy.

quick! to the honda mobile!

also how about listing the number of every motor manufacturers warranty claims/ failures and then break them down ito catagorys, eg, electrical, mechanical.

also based on these figures how is it Toyota get very high places in polls like the JD Power survey?

reliabilityindex.co.uk go to the manufacutrers their are all the manufacturers with sections on electric brakes ect amd my point is toyota now make bad engines unless as i stated you have a survey detaling all the major manufacturers with a breakdown of faults

reliabilityindex.co.uk go to the manufacutrers their are all the manufacturers with sections on electric brakes ect amd my point is toyota now make bad engines unless as i stated you have a survey detaling all the major manufacturers with a breakdown of faults

not exactly a 'global representation' though is it...

Cheers,

Jim

relibilityindex.co.uk go to manufacturers index click engines me personally i would rather look at a survey then ask 4 poeople how good a car is but i look forward to your survey being as comprehensive as the one mentioned :D

now bring us more sustantiated evidence, a beleiveable breakdown, and we might listen (we might also not actually care, but thats the chance you take)

care or don't personlly i could careless i let the facts speak for themselves reliabilityindex.co.uk click manufactures click engines read it and weep :crybaby:

care or don't personlly i could careless i let the facts speak for themselves reliabilityindex.co.uk click manufactures click engines read it and weep :crybaby:

i agree... show me facts... :yes:

:( :crybaby:

awww, did Matt forget the 'hairdresser' part :lol::lol:

:rolleyes:

there are lies, damned lies and statistics.

from the website you quote

Based on data gathered from millions of pounds worth of claims handled by Warranty Direct every year, the Reliability Index brings you the most comprehensive overview of cars on the road today.

the numbers you post relate only to those people who have warranty work done by ONE company.

which is the biggest independet source of actual claims :yes:

way to cite a comprehensive source :rolleyes:

their is no one which has a more comprehensive soure of actual claims n the uk :yes:

oh have i upset you their you go theirs your dummy :crybaby:

yes the type R

i agree... show me facts... :yes:

awww, did Matt forget the 'hairdresser' part :lol::lol:

sorry i did't know you were going bald :thumbsup:

you seem upset heres some kleenex

oh no my type r is being chased by a toyota bang!!! oh it's okay he's stopped his engines blown :thumbsup:

oh no my type r is being chased by a toyota bang!!! oh it's okay he's stopped his engines blown :thumbsup:

I was crying cause I have a Honda .. And no into not a Type-R. Type-R's are too tame ;)

please learn to use the fourms, nothing I hate more than cleaning posts after trolls :rolleyes:

their is no one which has a more comprehensive soure of actual claims n the uk :yes:

OK....

so this web site you quote, which is bot5.gif is a reliable source?

does it include numbers of warranty claims made against the manufacturers warranties?

I cannot believe any data from a website that quotes figures for warranty claims, that is brought to you by a company THAT SELLS WARRANTIES.

go find an impartial source and cite it.

include the details of manufactures warranty claims in it.

I dont care which company has the most.

I just dislike trolls - especially ones like you who arent particularly good at it.

Here is the link again

http://forum.hondarevolutions.com/

I'm sure you can spend all day long bitching about how rubbish Toyotas are on this forum...if only you would just do it. :yes:

the point i would like to make is every time i go to a toyota dealer

a customer is in the showroom wanting to speak to the warranty staff ie they need a warranty man ???? why umm so many faults

then main problem is the components are made at a discount to trade year on year thus parts do fail eg batch of faults lights a big batch???

build quality does suffer

i still think a made in japan is better bet my brothers car a toyota from japan at 4 yrs old is still working fine unlike some uk cars

any how if they are number one prices should fall due to number of sales and "house cost" per sale is less ??????

Hello All!

I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, but after reading posts like this and similar I had to register. I am pleased to say I have 1.8 VVti Avensis saloon with no oil usage problem. Its a 2002, and has been a great car and faithful friend. Just come back from Italy in it, got home and it went straight in for its 80k service without a hitch and am very happy with it. I check my oil every week and it isnt using any. So its not all doom and gloom. I'm a big fan of the car :thumbsup:

Thank you sir for a clean respectable fast reply, that actually had something nice to say ;)