Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mobile Phones

knowlson

V3 is the slowest phone ever, K750i errrr lol? N70 is what im using now, i really like it if u can get over its size its a top phone :)

N70's are like metros with gearboxes slow as hell too, the n70's too complicated for its own good,

ive got a 6230 the new version is good but wouldnt mind a 8800

:thumbsup:

Cheers for that.

For the predictive change go into text composing and hit the right "..." button - it'll change from "t@" to "L" ot something.

BT/IR = BlueTooth, InfraRed. How do you "sync" them?

The D600 comes with a usb cable and I have synced it using the (also supplied) 'Samsung PC Studio' software. This software lets you select if you are connecting using bluetooth or infra red so I presume it would work the same.

Despite it's little flaws I would still choose this phone over any other currently on the market.

Whatever I buy next will be a Nokia.

Strayed to a Sony Eriksson last time -- Battery life a lie, display unreadable outdoors etc.

No wonder they're going down while Nokia, which leads the usabilty tests, remains the leader. Well built, reliable, sometimes seemingly conservative... must be the Toyota of phones.

One functionality I would want ti keep is bluetooth -- handy for uploading contact info to and from Outlook.

Support your European phone manufacturer I say! (you know, the one that made the world's first ever NMT and GSM calls)

The D600 comes with a usb cable and I have synced it using the (also supplied) 'Samsung PC Studio' software. This software lets you select if you are connecting using bluetooth or infra red so I presume it would work the same.

Despite it's little flaws I would still choose this phone over any other currently on the market.

I had a look at a mates D600 last night, does look good. Shame about the niggles (where can I mail them so the D700 next year is perfect??). The USB cable explains a lot .. hope it'll work with the D500 too (so I can transfer everything in one go)

No wonder they're going down while Nokia, which leads the usabilty tests, remains the leader. Well built, reliable, sometimes seemingly conservative... must be the Toyota of phones.

Must be why I drive a Honda and have a Samsung. :lol:

Dare yee not mock the power of Toyota and Nokia! :ffs:

May a plague of locusts infest your armpits :!Removed!:

i picked my d600 up last night. and its a great little phone. apart from the annoying standard ringtones it has. even comes with a lead to connect it to your tv

Have a go with the sharp 903 in a retail outlet, the picture on the website doesn't do it justice. 3 megapixel camera, and one of the best screens you can get in its class.

May a plague of locusts infest your armpits :!Removed!:

My last Nokia was about 5 years ago .. over rated in my eyes (but a damn site better than the Motorla and Philips I has before).

My last Toyota was bought 4 years ago, and there wasn't anything else in the Toyota lineup that "tickled my fancy".

I would say sony ericcson for features at an affordable price! the w800i has LOADS of querky features plus all the ones you need at a decent price for its competition. Easy to use etc.

I wouldn't touch a motorolla with a barge pole! Never heard anything good about motorolla (except my gf thinks they look good which aint a reason to buy a phone!):

1. gf's phone has to be on speakerphone so you can even hear what the person down the phone is saying! (not good in public places!)

2. My mate has been through 3 Motorolla's. He got there first video compatible phone when it came out but it had video playing but not video capturing! He then bought that swivvle one which messed up and the button joystick cover falls off (even though replaced twice) and then lets dirt in which renders it useless!

DEFINITELY more design than featured orientated. Nokia's your middle of the road phone and then the sony ericcson's (deffo w800i) are class leading! Lots of people have them which is usually a good sign considering im talking school kids so they usually know the best phones! :P

so what would peeps say is the best phone at the moment...

just had a look, and im 6 months overdue and upgrade, but i want a good shortlist before calling O2..

Must be Tri-Band and BT...

I have the motorola v550....but I don't know if it picks radio up.....I got it purely for its quad band.

:help: A little hijack of knowlson's thread :offtopic: but anyone know how to transfer pics from v550 phone to pc. :help:

Back to you knowlson. :thumbsup:

May a plague of locusts infest your armpits :shutit:

My last Nokia was about 5 years ago .. over rated in my eyes (but a damn site better than the Motorla and Philips I has before).

My last Toyota was bought 4 years ago, and there wasn't anything else in the Toyota lineup that "tickled my fancy".

I like my Toyota for driving about in. I prefer women for "tickling my fancy". Maybe I'm odd :lol:

V3 is the slowest phone ever, K750i errrr lol? N70 is what im using now, i really like it if u can get over its size its a top phone :)

N70's are like metros with gearboxes slow as hell too, the n70's too complicated for its own good,

ive got a 6230 the new version is good but wouldnt mind a 8800

:thumbsup:

Granted Lee, with the network software such as Orange running they are slow, but take it to a Nokia service centre and get it flashed to Nokia's generic software (£20) and the phone can be used the way it was meant to be by Nokia.

It's unbelievable the difference :eek:

It can handle Word, Excel, Powerpoint and has Adobe Reader. Download Opera and you have full internet access and I mean FULL!! not some poor representation. 2 Megapixel camera, 3D gaming etc etc. Put 1gb memory card in and you have an mp3 player with 30 albums :rolleyes:

By far the best Symbian Series 60 Smartphone on the market at the minute :thumbsup:

i got the D600 a while back. Its a really good phone :thumbsup:

Only niggle i found is I cant find the infa red!!!

oh if you do get a memory stick too.

Was a dedicated Nokia user until I was give a Sony Ericsson - now on my third - k700 - use it a lot for work and it hasnt let me down in the last year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links