Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Brakes

capflyer

:) I have owned a T3X from new (Sep 04) which has done 12000 miles, a dealer service was carried out at 9000 miles with no problems, last week I started to notice a reduction in the braking performance, unless I pumped the pedal. Yesterday after driving the car for the first time that day the brakes were nearly non existant until I pumped the pedal.

Brakes have been bled by the dealer and are now A1.

Hi Capflyer,

I think you may have air somewhere in the braking system. You will need to have the brakes bled (i.e. all the hydraulic fluid drained out) and refilled.

Good luck

I would be inclined to agree with ma109, would suggest air in the system. Knowing how Toyota brake pads are hewn out of granite I would imagine its highly unlikely to be worn pads at that mileage. Shine a torch through the alloy wheels on to the caliper and have a look. I bet they are hardly worn. They probably just need bleeding or similar.

OE toyota pads are pretty hard compound ,but i found them absotly useless for braking power, and they make a mess of your disks.

I use the standard cheap and cheerful mintex ones for £13 a set. Excellent bite and no apparant fade. THey dont quite last as long, but its better than paying £46 for a set of toyota ones, especially as they work better

however, i dont think you can really moan if they have warn out, all you can do is expres your concern that you werent warned about the low pad lever at the service which you should have done