Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice On Wheel Alignment

K19NE G

My car is booked in with Toyota on Friday to get the TTE lowering springs fitted and then get the 4 wheel alignment done. My question is, when I get my 17" wheels fitted, will I have to get the alignment done again or will it suffice once it's done with the standard wheels? :wacko: If this isn't the case I'll have to get the wheels fitted first! :unsure:

you wont need it doing again once you have your 17's on, because the alignment won't alter.

Cheers! I just wasn't sure if the difference in width of the wheels would make a difference that's all! :D

My car is booked in with Toyota on Friday to get the TTE lowering springs fitted and then get the 4 wheel alignment done. My question is, when I get my 17" wheels fitted, will I have to get the alignment done again or will it suffice once it's done with the standard wheels? :wacko: If this isn't the case I'll have to get the wheels fitted first! :unsure:

hi K19NE G,

i had mine lowered and re aligned with the standard wheels on , had my 17" on about a month now, 1000miles and no sign of uneaven ware. :thumbsup:

how much you payin toyota to do that work? i had mine fitted and aligned at a local garage for £192.. :thumbsup: you cant adjust anything on the rear wheels, you can only align the front wheels to the rear :thumbsup: , also my car went back for some waranty work last week and they checked the car and it was perfect on the inspection report. :thumbsup: not a mention of all my mods either. waranty still intact. :yes::yes:

:thumbsup: bert

hi K19NE G,

i had mine lowered and re aligned with the standard wheels on , had my 17" on about a month now, 1000miles and no sign of uneaven ware. :thumbsup:

how much you payin toyota to do that work? i had mine fitted and aligned at a local garage for £192.. :thumbsup: you cant adjust anything on the rear wheels, you can only align the front wheels to the rear :thumbsup: , also my car went back for some waranty work last week and they checked the car and it was perfect on the inspection report. :thumbsup: not a mention of all my mods either. waranty still intact. :yes::yes:

I seem to remember something about the rear suspension having adjustment on the Corolla, but maybe this was just the face-lift model? Thanks for letting me know about your experience. I will use my Gold Membership discount to good effect with the Toyota garage don't worry! I didn't ask for a price when I booked it in as I seem to remember it being a reasonable amount when I first asked! :yes:

hi K19NE G,

I seem to remember something about the rear suspension having adjustment on the Corolla, but maybe this was just the face-lift model? Thanks for letting me know about your experience. I will use my Gold Membership discount to good effect with the Toyota garage don't worry! I didn't ask for a price when I booked it in as I seem to remember it being a reasonable amount when I first asked! :yes:

they quoted me 4 hrs work + tracking £400 ish, i could buy full suspension upgrade for that type of cash... :eek:

i would wait about 1000miles before having an alignment check

the springs need to settle first !!

any alignment done at the time of fitting will be out in a short time

depending on how long you are waiting for your wheels but i would get them on and then get it checked

depending on how long you are waiting for your wheels but i would get them on and then get it checked

its a mile out when you lower it, so it needs setting at time of lowering , maybe checking after 1000 miles if you have any issues..

its a mile out when you lower it, so it needs setting at time of lowering , maybe checking after 1000 miles if you have any issues..

I agree on both counts! Will probably get a tyre centre to check alignment second time round rather than going to the expense of Toyota again! :thumbsup:

The car is gone in today for the bove mentioned work.... £320 all-in for fitting the lowering springs and doing the 4 wheel alignment which I think isn't bad? :eek: I wanted the peace of mind that it was done by Toyota themselves because it's not simply a case of fitting the springs (which I've done many a time myself on other cars) as there's sensors to be adjusted AFAIK?

Also, on the run out with the engineer this morning to let him hear the 'rattle' whilst pulling off from a standing start, he knew straight away it was the auxiliary belt tensioner, but there's another noise which he will investigate (possibly down to the inlet manifold) :unsure:

Overall I'm a happy chappy with Jemca Toyota's service this morning :thumbsup:

The car is gone in today for the bove mentioned work.... £320 all-in for fitting the lowering springs and doing the 4 wheel alignment which I think isn't bad? :eek: I wanted the peace of mind that it was done by Toyota themselves because it's not simply a case of fitting the springs (which I've done many a time myself on other cars) as there's sensors to be adjusted AFAIK?

Also, on the run out with the engineer this morning to let him hear the 'rattle' whilst pulling off from a standing start, he knew straight away it was the auxiliary belt tensioner, but there's another noise which he will investigate (possibly down to the inlet manifold) :unsure:

Overall I'm a happy chappy with Jemca Toyota's service this morning :thumbsup:

thats not that bad a price mate, at least you can say all work done by toyota when you sell it :thumbsup: thats gotta mean something. ;)

anyway, as for this rattle noise, keep me informed as it sounds like what mine does too :thumbsup: iv learnt to live with it , but would be nice to get it fixed. sounds like a heat shield rattling???? i also have the aux belt tensioner noise..

Just want to report that all rattles are gone (bar the rear shelf!!!) and it was all due to the auxiliary belt tensioner. Also, got the lowering springs fitted which only lowered my car by another 10mm but already there is a noticeable difference :D

a) Steering is a tad sharper/more responsive

B) Slightly less body roll

c) Feels a bit firmer, but not jittery or unconfortable

d) More grip exiting roundabouts etc

All in all the car is getting there and I'm happy again :lol:

Hi their, i thought the T Sport already has the TTE springs fitted? Yeh im getting my TTE springs fitted on tuesday at Elite in Dagenham im only paying £100 cant wait, ive just put my T Sport spoiler on and TTE front lip, ill post some pics up wen i hav my Springs fitted.

Hi their, i thought the T Sport already has the TTE springs fitted? Yeh im getting my TTE springs fitted on tuesday at Elite in Dagenham im only paying £100 cant wait, ive just put my T Sport spoiler on and TTE front lip, ill post some pics up wen i hav my Springs fitted.

The pre-facelift T Sport had no lowering springs, but the facelift version had 20mm lowering springs, therefore the TTE springs lowered mine a further 10mm. I know some people will ask why bother with 10mm, but I got the springs on eBay for next to nothing and I think it makes a notable difference.... when I fit the 17s I'll let you know if that improves things further... :wacko: