Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sooooo Quiet

viperroom_112

Hey guys , so on the 29th Sunday it shall be! Well I just found out I am working at 8 oclock , but i dont see that a prob as I am workin in lanark anyway (only for one hour)! But if you all like we could meet at the Loch ,(late afternnoon) fairly simple for us all to get there ! :D Lookin forward to it confirm details nearer time ! :thumbsup:

Hey fella's...

You guys look like you have some nice rides. I come from Australia (and a member on the TOC - Australia Forums) but don't get to visit the TOC-UK forums too much.

I am actually going to be in the UK in February/March so I am hoping I will see a few Toyota's around. Can I expect to see heaps when I am in Scotland....

Cheers

Aaron

Dude when you say heaps do you mean piles of scrap on wheels or do you mean lots and lots of Toyota's? As you will have noticed Michael is the Scotty meeting co-ordinator and if you keep him updated he may try to arrange a meeting while you are here. Could check if there is a track day at Knockhill or carting day or something. Will you have recreational time when you are here?

As the very least if you are coming to Central Scotland you need to let me know and I will meet up with you if you wish.

Hey guys , so on the 29th Sunday it shall be! Well I just found out I am working at 8 oclock , but i dont see that a prob as I am workin in lanark anyway (only for one hour)! But if you all like we could meet at the Loch ,(late afternnoon) fairly simple for us all to get there ! :D Lookin forward to it confirm details nearer time ! :thumbsup:

Sounds like the beginnign of a plan. Will wait to hear from CFC1 to confirm the time. When you say you are working at eight I presume that is 8pm

since my car is stripped to pieces I am furiously wire brushing and painting, need to get onto the wax oiling to get it back on the road for the mini meet now!!

Im easy on the time... my wife is working anyway, so i will have the kids with me.. chippie or micky dee's will do for food :)

just let me know when and where.. and probably how to get to the loch.

Be a good idea to exchange mobile numbers in case of some numpty heid getting lost (me :lol:) will sort that nearer the time.

Ive just read this and im totally lost !!! In plain english......When and where are you all meeting? :unsure: Whos all going? Next weekend? yeah,lol :lol:

It's all a bit confusing isn't it... :P

I fly into Glasgow on Tuesday 7th March around 10am and I am renting a car to do a round trip through Kilmarnock & Loch Lamond back into Glasgow for the night. Will be spending all day 8th March in Glasgow and that night then early in the morning on the 9th I will be heading to Edinburgh for that day, that night then the next day and flying out on the evening of the 10th.

Unfortunatly I won't have much free time to do any catch up with you guys, although I'd love to have a look at what you guys do to your Toyota's in the UK.

I was more interested in finding out about how many nice cars I can expect to see around the roads....

Cheers

Aaron

Hey , As far as I am aware the plan is this :

Sunday 29th January

afternoon (confirm time shortly)

meet in Lanark- Lanark Loch to be exact

Its a mini meet !!

Hope to meet as many as I can as this is the first time I have done this lol

I am a TOC meet Virgin LOL ! :P :thumbsup:

David

How's it goan

As you can see I am not as for along with the car as I should be. I blame my son for continuing to pester me about motorbikes and quads braking thinks quicker than I can fix em.

Well was going to post a pic but it seems it can only be via URL now and I dont have the time or patience to upload it.

CFC1 would/could you make it if we put the mini meet back one week. I will work like the clappers this week and try to get Friday off to get the car together in time.

I stripped the drive shafts out tonight and split one. The condition of the grease in the CV joint was disgusting, pure grey wattery soup and nothing like the consistency of proper grease. Got the under body washed tonight and shoudl be ready to wax oil tomorrow, that will leave only

Split other drive shaft and clean and re pack with new CV boots

Fit drive shafts

press new front bearings into the hubs

Fit flexi hoses all round

fit seals, and hubs to front of the car. Fit ball joins and backplates etc

rebild callipers and fit seals, fit new disks, fit new brakes, finish build at front.

Clean and paint back plates on rear

Rebuid callipers fit seals etc. fit new disks and pads, rebuild at back

complete brakes and bleed system

get wheels on and get to the tracking station

phew

Still to get some parts from Mt T as well

This is giing to be a busy week as dont think I can get away from work till about 6(ish) all week. Hope I can get Friday off.

Right off to bed now!

CFC1 would/could you make it if we put the mini meet back one week. I will work like the clappers this week and try to get Friday off to get the car together in time.

I have to work every 2nd sunday.. so unfortunately putting back a week means i couldn't make it... however, putting it back 2 weeks would be fine. Of course.. if most people can't make dates that are available to me.. then i will just have to accept that, the joy's of life i'm afraid :lol:

Dave just checking your availability. I think it is only you Viper and myself. I will know today if I can get Friday off. Will keep all informed. I cant have a meet and go in the wife's Mondy.

Just not cricket

Will be trying to make the meeting on Sunday. I can't get Friday off but should be able to skive off early. I was just cheking out how folkes were fixed for swapping dates.

So the plan is still to meet on Sunday and me to get my finger out. Justy waiting on one front bearing seal now which should be here on Wednesday.

Right I am off to start spraying wax oil everywhere

Getting there, looks like I willbe cutting it tight but I think I can get it all done. You chaps still up for it. If CFC1 cant make it then it's just you and me Viper, not awarwe of anyone else able to make it this time.

If its still this Sunday.. i'm still up for it.. if its next Sunday, i can't make it.

Yep still on for Sunday. I am thinking it will be fine, Just need to assemble the front end now and were laughing.

I had to file out the centre hub diameter from my new rear disks AAAARRRRGGGGG! but never mind the back is done, just to build the front and then bleed the brakeas.

Does anyone know how to get wax oil off spray off your paint, windows etc LOL better add a couple of hot soapy washes.

so it's 1pm in Lanark Loch, go for the top car park. I will PM you guys my moby manyarra Davy do you need directions and where are you staring from. You bringing your kids what ages. I've got two but my girl is likely to stay at home unless bribes are on offer.

Shall I bring a flask or is that something old people do? Can also bring tea, coffee, etc with said flask

I will be heading off from Bo'ness.. i have auto route.. so will check out a route tonight.

The kids are 14, 12, and 9. all boys... maybe a good enough reason for your daughter to deceide she is going? :lol:

Flask????? i'm too young to know what a flask is i'm afraid... us young whipersnappers tend to hang out at miccy dee's :lol:

Hey , guys , I will be their also , yet , not for long , I have been asked to work and as I am in deperate need of money and desperate not to get sacked I must work !!!! But I will be up there about 1 pm and should be able to stay for a good we while ,!!!!, :thumbsup::thumbsup: C you Oldies ( :P :P :D )tomoro !!!!

Hey guys , a big thanks to those I met today , cfc and martin , what can I say , the yaris was awesome , and the celica , well the celicas brakes combined with the wheels looked stunning as I pulled away at the loch .

The yaris DVD player and kit looked amazing .. Given me a kick up the **** to make my yaris look "hot" for the summer .. Big sorry to you as well , as I didnt get to stay as long as I wanted .... I am at work now ... and SOOOOOOOOOO BORED , thinking of ways to kit up the car. Especially sorry to CFC who must have taken a while to get there , and yet I didnt get to have as much of a chat about the yaris as I wanted ......

Anyways grest meeting u and seeing some sweet cars !!! Cheers guys !!!! :thumbsup:

P.S your cars are still not as kool as mine HaHaHa :P :lol::lol::lol:

p.s Lanark is due to get a mcdonalds soon , just dunno wen LOL

Especially sorry to CFC who must have taken a while to get there , and yet I didnt get to have as much of a chat about the yaris as I wanted ......

P.S your cars are still not as kool as mine HaHaHa :P :lol::lol::lol:

p.s Lanark is due to get a mcdonalds soon , just dunno wen LOL

No need to say sorry m8... only took me 1/2 an hour to get to lanark, but i did get the runaround from the locals who gave me directions to the loch.. it's not a mcdonalds it needs.. its more sign posts :lol:

Viper.. we can arrange another meet thats suits us both.. or if we are both at the next main TOC Scottish meet, we can have a chat.. i will also look out that stuff i was talking about for you. :thumbsup:

Both of you were top blokes, was great meeting you all... was going to nick that Ceica, its a cool as a... errrr.... hmmm . really cool thing, but Martin is bigger than me, so thought better of it :P

PS. Nothing is as cool as Black Yaris (well.. except a Black MR2 Roadster :rolleyes:

Yep nice to meet you chaps and the Davy crew.

I like vipers wheels. and the sub box what a bargin! it looks great

CFC1 you yarris is great looking with the kit. My kid wants a DVD now. I wondered what cfc1 ment and was wondering if this would come out in general discussion with you, such as your environmental principles, but hey it's just a football team lol

It was a nice run for just putting my car back together. New brakes are mint.

I'm up for more meets now

Right chaps I think I may be able to post some pics now, not the best at this url stuff but here goes

Nice to see cfc1 gave his car a good pollish

cfc1dirty.jpg

Vipers ride,

viper.jpg

and my baby

gen6.jpg

I liked vipers wheels

viperwheel.jpg

and cfc1's dvd

cfcdvd.jpg

cfc1dirty.jpg

You never said you were an expert in photoshop!... how realistic is that dirt on my shiney Yaris :lol:

Martin your car is SWEET! :drool:

:thumbsup:

P.S. Be back soon girls, my computer is up the creek and I can't be bothered fixing it, in uni just now! :)

"You never said you were an expert in photoshop!... how realistic is that dirt on my shiney Yaris" lol

Like it cfc1

Thanks for the comp's guys it's great to have it back on the road, was over three weeks tinkering and stuff.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links