Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery - What Am I Looking For?

Tahiti200

I'm not sure where to start - the car's having a fair bit done to it to improve it, and amongst those things, I want a better Battery. The other's Ok, but I don't reckon it will last another winter and as we're likely to keep it for a bit, I am looking for an upgrade.

Can anyone tell me what I am looking for? I've been told to check for a 3 digit number on the Battery, but the only number I can find is five digits (50020R). Any ideas?

Please help a complete numpty!!

Cheers

Rob

the original Battery was a panasonic but the replacements that toyota do are actually delphi.

i would suggest going to yr local motor factors and getting one as they come with a better warranty 3years as opposed to 2 and cost less. just go in and tell them what car you have and they'll look it up in a book.

Exide, Delphi, Bosch and varta batts are quite good from experience

just get the biggest and highest amp/hour Battery you can fit in the Battery tray.

i bought a cheap Battery and it is pretty crap to be honest. mine has the japanese small terminals and i was in a bit of a rush as mine was knackered.

if i were you wait until the summer if you can, battery prices drop in the summer because there isnt the demand for them.

Thanks for the tips. So the terminals are different to Euro spec cars then?

i doubt it. your car is a uk sr so should have euro spec terminals, you should be ok.

not necessarily, my mates import GT4 has euro sized terminals.

compare the terminals to another non jap car. if they are the same size then its a normal common Battery. jap spec small terminal ones are harder to get hold of.

Get the heavy duty Battery at Halfords. They have a small book/leaflet of the majority of cars standard and heavy duty batteries. They have the codes there - thats what I would advise mate. :)

optima= awesome.

The Optima was what I had in mind - Yellow Top. I am told it's an 048 so will be checking around now!